Which screen device for DJI GO app on Mavic Pro?

Hey guys,

I’m a pixel 2 xl user and up until Android 9 it worked great with my Mavic Air. Recently after some DJI go updates it just won’t connect at all anymore to drone. I’ve tried usb debugging, all sorts. Occasionally it’ll connect for a bit then usually crash or lose signal while flying (not ideal).

My “mate” just crashed my Air into a dense Scottish pine forest, never to be seen again!, so I’ve ordered a Mavic 2 Pro, cannot wait!!!

But I don’t want to have device issues… So…
What opinions are out there regards a screen for the Mavic? Prefer android as I’ve bought the litchi app.

Crystal sky looks too expensive and restricted to me?

Love to hear what you think.

Longstride

2 Likes

Well Glenn,
I personally use my good ole trusty Sony Xperia phone or my Ipad Air.
I am lucky that I have two of the Xperia Phones (an older version) plus the X, both are Android.
They both give me a good clear picture, and work flawlessly with Go4 App.
I also have a Sony Xperia Tablet which is also compatable (this is now over 4 years old, but still works great!)
I can fly any of my drones from them, even my trusty old Phantom 2 Vision Plus (my first real drone).
Hope you find a satisfactory replacement for your needs.
I should add that I too use Litchi, and it also works great on all the Sony gear.

1 Like

Expensive? Yes.

Restricted? Out of the box, yes. Depends how much time you’re willing to invest by playing around with it in terms of rooting and such likes.

What size screen do you want Glenn? I’m guessing a cheap droid tablet would do?

I really would just like to use my phone :wink: but pixel and DJI don’t seem to play ball nicely.

I want to run litchi and pix4d capture app, so had discounted crystal sky. I’m looking at iPad mini 4 or a note 4 etc. Cheap but customisable?

Well after much thought, I walked into Car Phone Warehouse, bent over and handed a huge wodge of dosh to Tim Cook and Apple and got the iPhone XS (and this pained me as I’m a staunch Android fan!). However I know have a very powerful phone that plays nice with my new Mavic 2 Pro and my mac!

Seems like an expensive solution …. especially when my £200 Android has never been a problem.

1 Like

To be honest there’s a little more to it… I’m sick of Samsung, and Google really let us down with the Pixel 3, and I’m kinda feeling Google has gone a little too evil on the “we want your data” area! So, while I think that IOS has some serious usibility and navigation issues, they do secure your data and the phone is amazingly fast processing video and 3D images so I had a secret hankering to try an iPhone again… just a VERY VERY expensive way to fly my drone :slight_smile:

1 Like

I spent yesterday with two iPhone users - one has the same as you have bought. Most of the day they moaned about them - and were having to plug them into battery packs late afternoon. My phone hit 20% after 24 hours.

I’ve two mates who are total Apple fan-boys, I’ve been raging about the crap navigation on IOS and lack of a back button, their retort was… " whats your problem, you can half the screen size so you can reach the buttons at the top of the screen" to which my response was “why the heck are the back buttons at the TOP of a 6 inch display???” They responded “Jonny Ives” its like blind faith :slight_smile:

3 Likes