Wiltshire meet up for crop circles Friday 16th June 2023

I’m planning on heading out this evening towards Wiltshire direction,mainly to capture these circles that have appeared recently, from reading threads on Farcebook, the farmers are beginning to deface them, if anyone is in the area fancy meeting up? Btw it’s a 2 hr drive for myself

2 Likes

I don’t blame them.

1 Like

I’m in work till 5 pm, and I’m not sure what’s happening this evening. It’s normally takeaway and movie night with the kids :popcorn: If that changes, I’ll let you know :+1:

I know where 3 are if that helps. All of them were intact on Wednesday evening.

Broad Hinton:

Furze Knoll:

Potterne:

Some of them are welcoming crop circles, especially those with farm shops as it attracts visitors. There are even Crop Circles bus trips from London to Wiltshire for tourists :joy:

Some get bus loads of people trespassing and making a frigging mess, too. Know two farmers that have suffered ridiculous levels of damage.
At a time when the farming industry is in serious decline from lack of any profitability, when we are already a nation a million miles from being sufficient in all the food basics, when it’s so bad that farmers sell prime agricultural land to solar farm companies because that’s their only financial escape … they need respect and protecting.

Yep totally agree, I’m already hunting for TOAL locations away from the sites, easier to fly within my VLoS than stand next to them. I prefer distance than immediately on top, keeping busybodies to a minimum

@Dren Adrian

What time are you hoping to be out this way ?
I was out here the night before last, on route back I noticed many other things that also looked interesting, especially as the sun was going down,

I’ve been toying with wanting to go back more so since you posted this :smiley::sunrise:

I’m not promising but I might come back out this eve, energy permitting, I’ll let you know :+1:t2:

I’m presently doing some online training today until around 5pm, I’m guessing if I head out around 530 ish I’ll be kinda at Swindon for about 730ish depending on traffic, coz it’s a clear day weather wise I’m not fussed about staying out til dark. Plus I’m not fazed about flying when it’s dark either

Same, I’ll drop you a yay or nay in a couple of hours then, cheers ….

@Dren
I’ve DM’d you, I’d remove your phone number from your post mate :+1:t2:

1 Like

My kids had friends over this evening, so after ordering a Dominos for them, I headed out to see if I could find @Dren. I went to both Broad Hinton and Furze Knoll. I flew the Avata for about half an hour, then packed up and came home.

I thought they just flatten down the crops, but Furze Knoll is cut mostly …

Sorry I couldn’t find you @Dren. Hopefully next time mate :+1:

4 Likes

Yep we got there finally about 9pm, took a couple of hours to get to Wiltshire area, but 5.5hrs to get home last night, every dam road home was closed off with diversions from m3, m4, m25, finally had to back track via Oxford to get home

2 Likes
2 Likes
2 Likes

That damaged one we had a land rover from a distance watching us, drove past twice, once down the track towards the field, might of been the farmers?

Heck, that’s one hell of a journey. You must be shattered.

Good to see you got to Furze Knoll and Potterne though. And at Golder Hour :star_struck:

I take it you mean Potterne (the last one)? I didn’t see any damage, but yeah … it’s very close to the farm.

Furze knoll, that’s the damaged one, that’s where we encountered the Land Rover

1 Like

Looked like this 2-3 days ago

1 Like