That’s probably about the same time it’ll take me to sort the data on mine.
Drill Doctor indeed does work and found all the jpegs (19500) all still have date and time taken as well as camera info so they are easy to sort into folders. Although for some reason the jpgs were all found as MPO files that have the main photo and preview ‘lumped’ together. I’ve just renamed all to .jpg and it seems to have worked
The video is a different story. It’s found about 1000 of them and maybe 40 or so are unreadable, all have been recovered as mp4 instead of mov files which I realise is just a container file and not a problem, only thing is they carry no info or exif data so I’m gonna shift them into 2 folders one for drone and the other GoPro.
Lesson learned I’ve now renamed all external drives with the prefix xxx_, if the police coming knocking I’m in big trouble but when I have 2 or 3 of them plugged in I know what not to format, my mistake was brought about my naming them CF_2TB and SD cards CF_32GB, I just got clickly happy in disk utility and formatted wrong one.
Luckily the lesson only cost me a new LaCie rugged (been after one for a while) and 6 or so hours of my time (and the 17hrs the scan of the formatted drive took)