Woodland flight MA2 and Freewell Anamorphic Lens

Treated myself to an anamorphic “lens” this week, fits onto the Mavic Air 2 with a nice reassuring click (although you can’t use the gimbal cover while it is attached) Went for a walk in the local woods yesterday to try it out in both open and confined spaces.

https://youtu.be/7bPJeULNJk4

5 Likes

Love the effect. I don’t know whether its your rendering, the MA2 camera or youtube but there seems to be quite a bit of pixilisation in the video. i’ve watched it on my phone, the tv and the computer and it’s present on all.

2 Likes

I’d have to agree … unfortunately.

2 Likes

As others say Mark, nice video spoiled somewhat by the quality.

Good location though ;o)

2 Likes

I think it’s YouTube auto changing the quality, probably due to the aspect ratio. On the computer I set the quality to 2160 4K and that made it a lot better, and on the iPad I set it to high quality.
I’ll re-render it at 4K dimensions (add black bars top and bottom) and see if that makes it better… every day is a school day :grinning:

1 Like

At what bit rate were you saving it?

4k and a low bit rate will give that kind of a result.

4k only defines the number of pixels, not the quality at which each pixel is resolved.

1 Like

Evening all, re-rendered with a higher and constant bitrate (100) so this one should look better, and less painful on your eyes :slight_smile:

2 Likes

That’s much better, if you compare around the 18s mark just to the left of the yellow trees as the path emerges that was the first bad bit, that has now gone.
:+1::+1:

1 Like

Huge thanks to you all for letting me know, am using Premiere Pro and did a fair bit of googling/youtube to find out export settings. Seems to be a common issue with trees, the render freaks out a little, then it gets compressed further by Youtube.

Thanks again

Mark

2 Likes