World's Fastest Camera Drone chases F1 Car

This just popped up on my YouTube feed. Chasing a F1 car takes something special

Hopefully there will be more in the future of these.

27 Likes

That’s insane

I think it hit 308kph at one point :rofl:

Fair play to the operator for 1) keeping up, 2) keeping the car in the centre of the frame, 3) avoiding all the bridges, 4) etc

2 Likes

Taken from the Team Black Sheep’s facebook page.

1 Like

Thats Fing awesome :grinning:

2 Likes

Racing those drones could even eclipse Formula 1!

DRL need to up their game :rofl:

1 Like

That is just crazy, well done for building that drone, and DC looked well :clap:

1 Like

Man that was pretty awesome, especially for a flying dildo (come on, we were all thinking it, right?)

4 Likes

I’m with you on that one mate, i thought christ, hope the wife don’t see it :rofl:

1 Like

Can a drone keep up with Max Vertappen around a lap…oh and beat Coulthard in a drag race :slight_smile:

Someone beat your to it. :wink:

As a non-Sky F1 viewer, I find that mind-blowing. That’s the kind of footage we should be getting all the time!

I was just coming here to post this - glad I checked first :slight_smile: Just got done watching the video. Very cool. At first I was thinking it’s a shame it was so wet, making Max much slower than he would be in the dry, but the way the spray looked in the wake was awesome, and made up for it.

Also, quick side note. The first part on the straight with David Coulthard was filmed at Millbrook proving ground where I spent 6 years as a test driver in the early 2000’s. Very cool to see my old stomping ground :slight_smile:

1 Like

B******s :confused:

2 Likes

F1, milliseconds count ;o)

2 Likes

so… who’s building one? for the speed record board?

I dont normally watch F1 - but that was out of the is world.
The flying was great. Shows the car in a whole new light.
I would have like to have seen how bad the analogue feed the pilot got, but heck that was smooth flying at 350kph. Must have bee a few hours in the sim.

2 Likes

I’m sure @clinkadink is on it already. :wink:

2 Likes

Awesome video and full marks to the drone operator. :+1::+1::+1::+1: