Worth the 5am alarm! Chorleywood, Herts

Regretted it as soon as the alarm went off but definitely worth it!

Shot with the MA2. Feedback welcome!

25 Likes

Stunning shots :ok_hand::heart_eyes:

1 Like

I would say well worth it, stunning shots

1 Like

Great shots @Mike_Ward90. :+1:

1 Like

Nice pictures Mike

1 Like

Definitely!! :+1: Wonderful pictures :slight_smile:

1 Like

Nice shots did you use ND filters or just expose for the conditions?

1 Like

Thank you. I didn’t on this one although I’m currently in the market for some ND filters so just doing some research.

Started pre-sunrise at around 1/160 with ISO at 100 but obviously had to crank that up as the sun rose, ended up around 1/2000 and flicked between 100 and 200 ISO but then lost all of my foreground which was a shame as the mist on the ground was amazing. So yeah set of NDs on the shopping list!

Thanks for the reply, Mike. Just at the same stage myself in terms of research, use them on my dslr just needed to decide on a manufacturer for the drone :face_with_monocle:

1 Like

Awesome photos although I don’t understand how you can have got up at a time that doesn’t actually exist! Well, not in my world anyway!

1 Like

Yeah me too, there are a couple of threads on this forum that have some good tips. Today was my first time without the AUTO function on the camera so that’s enough adventure for one day!

Thanks! I keep telling myself the pictures are worth it, but I’m crashing hard right now!

1 Like

Great pics! sets 5am alarm

Claim these as your own and save yourself!

Joking aside, if you are looking to do it, BBC Weather gives you a good estimate at Sunrise, but I would shave 15 mins off as I just missed the start. So in summary get up even earlier!

Hehe… I actually did check the sunrise times a couple of days ago.
More from not too many people around than beautiful golden hour shots.

I’ve been out for a short time today and realised I need a few more hours on the simulator. Videos of me crashing my quad into the ground are not something I want people to see :blush:

1 Like

Mint. Lovely images.

2 Likes

Cracking pictures it’s hard to get your body in gear for the sillyoclock timings but the smile it puts on your face when you get shots like that …:ok_hand:stunning

1 Like

Thanks Dave. 100% worth it, lucky with the weather as well which helps!

Awesome shots, good effort on the early rise :smiley:

1 Like

Great Shots! This place is slowly becoming one of my favourites. I might actually try and do this well let’s i always dreamt of walking up at ungodly hours an chase sunrises, has not materialised so far… but stunning shots. Might be the motivation i need!