WTF happened here?

My other half is always worried that we’ll all get cancer, but I have explained the difference between 440V and several KV.

1 Like

Haha! If the 440v “across the field” was a worry - imagine all the 240v around the house! #Scary!

1 Like

Where do you see that? I’ve tried loading it into Excel but it complains.

So how do you know whether the 76 seconds loss was at the beginning of the 2 minutes or the end of the 2 minutes?

Click on the “Download …… CSV” … and open directly into Excel.

The Excel has the Notifications … in the last column (AS) with the title “messages”.

So you can work from their time marks.

Thanks. I’ll try the CSV

1 Like

Sorry to be dim, Dave. Where do you download the CSV. I’m using AirData UAV. Is this in the Go4 app?

Nope. Off their website UI.

Sorry, lightbulb still hasn’t gone on! Can’t find it. URL?

Your flight has been uploaded to Airdata?

Then the screenshot above is where the CSV link is located. Just click on “CSV” and it will attempt to download, or you can click “open” and it will open in Excel.

Sorry. Got it now. I wasn’t on the General tab so couldn’t see the CSV option. Now I do.
Thanks again.

1 Like

Sorry to keep this thread going on and on but does anyone have any idea why I would have lost connection. If it happened in a riskier place, over water or forest, which is about the only two places I fly, I could lose another one!

Would there be any point in contacting DJI or is it something that just happens occasionally?

The data gives nothing as to the cause, unfortunately. So it’s a totally unknown.

I reckon you should do several safe flights to see if it happens again.

The trouble is, this will constantly be in the back of your mind, especially as a result of the fact that it’s pre-owned …. with no info as to why the previous person returned it.

Thanks Dave (you’re on the ball early!)

That’s exactly what was worrying me. I’m outside the 14 day return window and anyway, they would say I had accepted it, which I had.

I think, as you say, I’ll do several safe flights, of different types, i.e. just hover, out "n back, up high etc. and see what happens. But you know what happens with sod’s law, it’ll be when it’s at the limit, over water when it happens again.

I might try and find the previous customer and ask, with no blame attached, what happened to it.

1 Like

Early - yeah - MotoGP and WRC live since 7am.

Yeah - tracking down the previous guy could be a good move, to know if it was the same or different issue.
If it’s the same issue, then I think you still have a right to return it … since they failed to repair/check properly. (That might be a battle … but worth pursuing.)

1 Like

This forum Mavic Crash & Flyaway Assistance | DJI Mavic Drone Forum is super helpful and there is an expert called sar104 solved many cases. You may also want to try there.

1 Like