Yesnaby Orkney - Added to Coastal Scenery in Scotland

I have just added this to the map of places to fly your drone at Drone Scene:

Land owner permission requirements unknown.

Yesnaby seastack is a stunning place to fly should you find yourself on Orkney. There is a nice parking area, when facing the sea head left and once on the path to the stack follow the fence line, it took myself and my wife about 25mins to walk there, and we are not all that fit. There is peice of cliff that has an arch through it i did not get any shots of that as it was a bit to windy for me to get so close to the cliff face to get the shot i wanted

The originator declared that this location was not inside a Flight Restriction Zone at the time of being flown on 19/04/2023. It remains the responsibility of any pilot to check for any changes before flying at the same location.

4 Likes

A new “most northerly Drone Scene location”. :+1:

1 Like

Hoping to fly here when we visit Orkney in June :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Very nice; I’ll be there from tomorrow, just as the weather starts turning :confused:

1 Like

Yes, a marvellous location, and plenty of distractions on the short walk to the Castle / sea-stack. I got my Mini 2 in the air in a sunny break between hail showers.

1 Like

I’ve flown here too @Damocles :grin:

2 Likes

I’ve just added a new Parking marker to this location @Damocles :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I’ve just added a new Take Off And Landing marker to this location @Damocles :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like