Your thoughts on the Mavic Mini

This is great! I saw a YouTube vid a couple of days ago about the Mini manoeuvring through small spaces and I’m hoping to do some myself (once I get some flight confidence).

1 Like

When you have all that confidence PLEASE send me some of it? :wink::wink:
@PunchyPariah

2 Likes

Android 1.0.3 released Nov 27.

I was going to update the Fly/GO5 thread yesterday, but couldn’t see that version on the Android store :man_shrugging:

Same link …

It didn’t say this yesterday when I looked :rofl:

Really love it, BUT, does anyone know how to knock off that annoying beeper when you use the RTH button? Testing the range tomorrow and that beeping is doing my head in!! Any ideas?

The MP and M2P just need you to tap the power button on the RC

@anon20379288
Would love to mate, but, I can’t see (even with specs on) either the wee arrow, nor the screen on bright days. Over 2 weeks now I’ve been unable to see how many satellites I’m acquiring for all my flights so far. So, it’s a case of NEEDS MUST!!!

1 Like

Which sadly doesn’t work on the Mini :rofl:

How did they not notice the options weren’t present? What did they think would happen? :man_shrugging:

This is all in the manual…

Failsafe RTH automatically activates after the remote controller signal is lost for more than 11 seconds.

User error.

It does raise one interesting question … if you set on Android to an option not supported on iOS, and then you switched to using an iOS device, does the setting remain as set or change. :thinking:

I’m guessing all settings are reset for every flight?

Think someone mentioned having to set something each time the drone was reset.

That’s a good point. I was going to say the app of the device controls things, but by definition, those RTH settings must be uploaded to the aircraft so it knows what to do in the event of signal loss.
So the question is Do the settings get uploaded at the start of each flight, or are they permanently stored on the aircraft until changed?

1 Like

You’d have to set on Android, switch to iOS for a short flight (without checking RTH settings), switch back to Android and check settings … to work that one out. :wink:

Roll on Litchi support :+1:t2:

2 Likes

I’ll have to check with the CAA but most of their rules around drone weight are without fuel, which includes without batteries. If that’s the case, you could add the skin and the prop guards and still be under their permitted weight of 250g for registration purposes…

2 Likes

Yep. Be an interesting point to confirm, altho fairly pointless thinking about what’s happening next year… Me, I’ve got my registration on the Mini anyway as I already have that for the Air and 2 Pro. But realistically, would Plod be getting their micro scales out to see if you were still under 250gm? :grinning:

3 Likes

Some of the footage on here from MM owners has been extremely good!

2 Likes