Craigavon Lakes (South Lake) - Added to Lakes and Reservoirs in Northern Ireland

I have just added this to the map of places to fly your drone at Drone Scene:

Land owner permission not required.

Free parking available in the leisure centre carpark, TOAL from either the footpaths or from the grass (if cut short enough) or directly under the marker on the map there is a small concreted step which is off the main pathway and is not used that much by walkers.

There is a 2-3 mile walk around the 2 lakes which is popular for dog-walkers, cyclists, etc. The lakes are man made, created in the 1970's as a point of rain-water drainage for the area (which was developed from some rather marshy land). They are know as "Balancing" lakes, as the 2 lakes are joined and then when the level rises enough in them, they drain into Lough Neagh.

The Leisure Centre has only recently been completed, and there is a water-sports center nearby too with activities using the lakes. Also on the shore is the Craigavon Civic Centre & council offices.

The originator declared that this location was not inside a Flight Restriction Zone at the time of being flown on 28/02/2022. It remains the responsibility of any pilot to check for any changes before flying at the same location.

2 Likes

Thanks for an addition to Northern Ireland, Tim @spuddevans :smiley:

1 Like

And here is what it looks like when it’s sunny (avg 0.789% of the time !!!)

1 Like

Hi @spuddevans if you use the share option in Kuula and paste the embed HTML code here you get many more options with your panos, rather than just sharing the URL

Thanks mate :+1: :+1: I guess because I’m logged in it doesn’t show up as links but as a smaller version of what you posted. (still very new at all this stuff)

(let’s see if this works better, I can’t seem to edit my last post)