Knockholt - Added to FPV in South East

I have just added this to the map of places to fly your drone at Drone Scene:

Land owner permission obtained.

Ex-Golf course.
Normally lots of FPV flyers
Good for meet-ups.

Parking at weekend is free on road.

The originator declared that this location was not inside a Flight Restriction Zone at the time of being flown on 22/10/2023. It remains the responsibility of any pilot to check for any changes before flying at the same location.

5 Likes

Somehow not on Drone scene yet!

1 Like

You’re slacking mate :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I have a Mini 2. Having treated myself, I’m actually a bit nervous with it, so a meet, locally, would be fantastic, just to have people around who know what they’re doing, and can offer advice :grin: How regular are the Knockholt meets, I live nearby?

I want to fly here @bmsleight, have you got any tips or advice on where to take off from?

1 Like

If we’re there we usually set up camp / take off from around here - what3words /// The simplest way to talk about location

We often fly 5 inch Quads and Fixed wings so pick somewhere that has more space available then you would need for a Mini 2.

I’m not sure when we are next at Knockholt. There is a proposed meet up there on the 20th April but it’s between going to Knockholt and Morden. LINK

Jason could you add the TOAL marker to the DS map (anyone can add these) Thanks

I’ve just added a new Take Off And Landing marker to this location @bmsleight :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Thank you for your response, 20th April is my daughter’s birthday :grin:. I’ll keep popping back to see if and when there are local meets.

I want to fly here @bmsleight, have you got any other tips or advice?

Keep eye out for a meet-up in May.
Otherwise - it a really good place to just got and fly - got for it.

1 Like