2018 Fireworks Challenge

The Grey Arrows Drone Club are pleased to announce the next in a series of Challenges!

Here’s your chance to win a super rare, exclusive badge to grace your Profile page! Haven’t heard of GADC’s awesome awards? Check out our announcement regarding Badges, Awards and Challenges.

Welcome to the ‘2018 Fireworks Challenge’.

The objective is simple - post some stunning pictures and videos of fireworks!

The winners, as judged by the Grey Arrows Drone Club Committee to be the best, will be awarded exclusive trophy badges.

We have three awards available for you to win in our challenge. They are:

1st Place Winner - Gold Trophy

2nd Place Winner - Silver Trophy

3rd Place Winner - Bronze Trophy

The rules and small print for this challenge are as follows:

• You must post a picture or video to this thread (feel free to also post / duplicate it in the #media category if you wish). Media posted to other threads and categories will not be eligible
  • This challenge is open from 29th October 2018 to 11th November 2018, the closing date. Your photos and videos must have been captured between these dates
  • You may post up to three entries to this Challenge (in any combination of pictures and/or videos)
  • Videos must be a maximum of 30 seconds and may contain time-lapse and/or hyper-lapse
  • A paragraph of text should be included with your entry post that includes the date the entry was taken and also where the entry was taken
  • Media must be shot using your drone while it is flying
  • Entries must taken within the guidelines of the Drone Code
  • The member whose entry scores highest will be deemed the winner and that member will be awarded the exclusive 1st Place Gold Trophy. The member whose highest scoring entry scores the second highest will be awarded the 2nd Place Silver Trophy and the member whose highest scoring entry scores third highest will be awarded the 3rd Place Bronze Trophy
  • In the event of a tie at any position the Grey Arrows Drone Club reserve the right to declare an outright winner at that position
3 Likes

[ Reserved for future use ]

Heard fireworks … almost ran outside to fly … then remembered it’s an NFZ where “F” isn’t for “Fireworks”.

3 Likes

Looking great for my planned video and photos tomorrow night here, winds forecast of 35mph gusts and heavy rain, I do hope they got that wrong :unamused:

Were you reading the north west forecast by mistake?

It’s absolutely wild here this afternoon, rain due from 4pm right through the night!

Well the rain has changed but wind is still gusting, not sure what to do now.
I didn’t bother going to look at the location I intended to fly from as I thought it was going to be a washout :disappointed:
Will only be able to go straight up anyway, thousands go to watch these so my location I’m thinking might be full as well as it’s not that far away.

gonna give it a miss. just tired out the new goggs on the green at front of my house the MP isstruggling to hold position when wing is gusting and it looks like its gonna honk it down with rain. very impressed with the head tracking setup on the goggs tho.

I’m looking at Google maps and still thinking about it, looking at other locations a bit further out that shouldn’t see many if any other people, the trees are moving around quite a bit outside and this is what I would look at before looking at any app before deciding should I fly.
Still two hours before I dismiss it altogether :thinking:

trees over here are doing a mexican wave. lol

1 Like

I wonder how much worse it would be at a couple of hundred feet :grinning:

Well, I took a chance and now I’m sat in the car on a quiet spot that looks like it could be perfect, but, it’s now raining :rage:
The roads are absolutely crazy with traffic.

There are some fireworks the other side of my road … I think I may turn my lights off and fly the MP in the lounge looking out of the window. #Warm #Dry #TV #Dinner :+1:
:wink:

3 Likes

Fireworks here were moved to tomorrow night due to weather.

Might try get out with M2P

1 Like

The weather here isn’t as bad as forecast - but I’m a lot warmer indoors! :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

My attempt so far. First time I’ve ever flown at night and battling with losing signal meant it would never stay in the same place.

https://instagram.com/p/BpsT1w6jcpB/

7 Likes

YAY!!! We have an entry! First entry! Only entry!!! :+1:

1 Like

Looks like @UnluckyTimmeh is in line for the Gold at the moment :smiley:

Thanks for the entry mate!

1 Like

It’s not even cold here at the moment.
It was a perfect spot as well, no one was there because there were trees and a hedge in the way, when they started I reckon 20 metres high would have been plenty to see the castle as well.
Just got home and there is no rain here, bloody weather :unamused:
Anyone want to buy some drones?

1 Like

Well Captured !
I missed a golden opportunity last night. Kicking myself up the arse. Batteries discharged.

Well, I was with @UnluckyTimmeh and @PaperCrane last night filming the Norwich Big Boom Fireworks.
Here’s a snippet !.
I to like Tim, was battling RTH, No signal, re-connections, unplanned camera movements.
But hey Ho, at least I got something.
Taken at 60 fps, Cropped to frame size, Full Auto, front LEDs off, No Colour Correction.

Taken on Friday 2 nd November 2018 at 7.35pm in Ber Street, Norwich.

7 Likes