2018 Golden Hour Challenge

:wink:

Ah, right, gotcha, I thought it was on a points system with the votes accumulated on your entries :+1:

Sounds like a plan

I’m no photographer but I thought I’d give it a go. This was taken in North Shropshire looking over the fields in the general direction of Market Drayton, at 7:36am on Sun 7 Oct 2018 with my Mavic 2 Zoom on Auto with no filters.

As a BTW, I used the PolarPro app to tell me when the Golden Hour was for that morning and it said 7:24am for 45 mins. I got up at 6:45am thinking I’d be in good time for it and peeked out the curtains expecting it to still be fairly darkish.Well begger me sideways there was a fab, blood-red sunrise already in progress. By the time I was dressed and got the Mavic ready I’d missed the best of it. Grrr.

9 Likes

Here’s my entry…Reculver Towers in Kent at Sunrise a few days ago:)

12 Likes

This was taken on the 5th Oct at around 6:30 in the morning. Just a perfect misty, autumn morning! Shot in the Vale of Glamorgan, near Cowbridge.

15 Likes

This was taken on the 5th Oct at around 6:30 in the morning near Cowbridge, Vale of Glamorgan. Just a perfect misty, autumn morning!
I wanted a dreamy, floaty feel for the video so I switched to ATTI mode for the flight. Not the smartest decision I’ve made but the effect works!
Edited to 30 seconds for the competition but a longer version is in the video section.

https://youtu.be/05KIm1iWqfk

11 Likes

amazing shot…well done

1 Like

These two photo/video where taken on Sunday 7th of October at dawn (ish) at The Humber Bridge
I have several witnesses to the time between 6.50am (yes i was awake(ish) and 8am and it was cold…
The video was taken using Litchi as part of my flight plan(first time used) and a still from the same video untouched the video is darker (artistic licence) and is at 8 times speed

8 Likes

Love that first photo there Jeff!! :+1:

Thanks Rich screen grabs from the video

How do I contribute? I just tried to add a video and and it says new users can’t add attachments… Thanks

Hi @SpininB,

I’ve made a change to allow you to upload photos.

If you wish to share a video please upload it to Vimeo or YouTube the simply paste the link to the video here :+1:

Good luck!

1 Like

They are cracking photos Jeff !, worth the early get up !

1 Like

Thanks Chris

My first contribution for the challenge
Mount Tamalpais - 15 Sept 2018 Sunset - cropped

8 Likes

Sunset Hyperlapse - 6th September 2018

5 Likes

Very nice!!

Awesome colours @SpininB and just love the formation of the clouds :+1:

Thank you.