2018 Golden Hour Challenge

I’m hoping people are taking loads and will submit their best five in the final days. :+1:

Yeh the weathers perfect for flying and sunsets…NOT

I haven’t managed to fly for over 3 weeks due to the high winds… and now rain!

1 Like

Same here mate.

M2P has only had 1 flight.

Hoping for at least one decent day that I’m not working.

1 Like

Good old Bamburgh Beach, no wind and no rain…hurray !!
Taken 22nd September @07:15am
Mavic Air

11 Likes

Bamburgh HDR
Taken at 06:30am 22nd September with Mavic Air, about 40mins before sunrise starts

11 Likes

Some cracking entries there Barry! :clap:

1 Like

i was still asleep…

1 Like

I was at work and it was still raining. Grrr. Very nice pics by the way😁

1 Like

Another fantastic sunrise missed this morning :disappointed:
Anybody want to buy some well looked after quads :thinking:

This is the sunrise this morning from the edge of my village. I had intended to do a hyper lapse but I was a bit late and worried about missing the sun coming up and so I decided to do a basic video and edit later. Due to the length, I decided to try speeding it up to hopefully give it the look of a hyper lapse - first time I have tried this.

Not a winning video I know because to much movement but I enjoyed the change of light and as I haven’t shared many videos yet, I thought I had better start :grinning:

https://vimeo.com/291467911

7 Likes

Might need to speed it up a bit more. :wink:

Nice, though … I’ve done loads of land-based sunrise time-lapses. Most have been about this time of year, too.
It’s a great test of the Mavic’s stability, for sure. :+1:

It’s an interesting idea for Litchi, too …. would avoid minor accidental stick input whilst providing movement. Basically, that’s pretty much what the M2 Hyperlapse is, I suppose, and why it produces smooth results.
That’s an early wake up tomorrow, then. :wink:

Mice vid all the same. Didn’t know there was that time in the morning. Duvet wouldn’t let me go honest😀

1 Like

Thanks Dave, missed that rule will have a look later

1 Like

Thanks @pilningpilot hence why I went just around the corner! :joy:

1 Like

I must have a look at Litchi, though sounds like I might need to be a bit more organised!!!

So finally taken the plunge and downloaded Litchi! See if I can make use of it for the golden hour challenge as still a few weeks to go…

1 Like

I’m hoping to use it for tomorrow’s sunrise, too. :+1:

Bit soon for me though going for a sunset tonight for a sunrise and sunset double day! :smile:

1 Like

Hi Chris , tried this tonight but the fastest timed shot setting I have is 5 seconds on Dji go app, which is too slow to get enough shots on a 14 minute flight (need the time to get it back!). Were you using a different app to get 2 seconds?