2018 Treasure Hunt Challenge

wrong pic sorry this is a the tindale monument

2 Likes

over a hundred years old. Blaise castle house built for john scandrett by bristol architect william patty in 1795-99

a via duct at coalpitheath near bristol this main line is in the process of being elctrified.

the chipping sodbury clock tower. chipping sodbury was built in the 12th Century. … Chipping Sodbury Police Station was built in 1862 and by 1878 the simple structure of a clock tower was already a feature on the High Street, erected in memory of Lt Col George W Blathwayt of Dyrham.

1 Like

I wind turbine recently installed outside winterbourne, bristol 2017. ther are now 3 turbines on this site with more to be installed at another nearby location

2 Likes

Great work @pilningpilot :smiley:

You’ve jumped waaayyy up the Leaderboard now to be in joint fourth place :+1:

1 Like

@pilningpilot That’s a very low shot from a flying drone! A bit of under the radar flying?! :smile:

1 Like

I have to say, I’d have thought a vid/pic should obviously appear to be “from a flying drone”. That one could have been taken from the front seat of a car. :rofl:

Well the rules say, “Media must be shot using your drone”. Don’t say it has to be a flying drone :joy:

If it’s not “flying” it’s not a “drone”, it’s just a “camera” with “superfluous propellers”. :wink:

it was atualy sat on the roof of my car in chipping sodbury high street. props not turning to within the caa regs. i had a policeman tell me i was breaking the law. he was then udecated on caa regs which is something he was unable to comprehend, so will be speaking to my local beat bobby tomoz:grin:

@BrianB and must also not breach the drone regs:laughing:

@PingSpike think we need a ruling here. Does the drone need to be flying for the picture to count for the challenge?! Would make life a lot easier for a few of my chosen subjects if not! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

@Pingspike there will be more tomorrow if the weather holds. its clouded over tonight you cam smell the rain:disappointed_relieved:

Swingbridge

Preston Docks

1 Like

Monument

Fairhaven Lake

1 Like

#18 - Windmill

Bursledon Windmill

On the eastern outskirts of Southampton. a Grade II* listed windmill in Bursledon, Hampshire, England which has been restored to working order.

Built in 1814, replacing an earlier tower mill which was built in 1766, the machinery of the earlier mill was incorporated into the new mill. The mill was working until the 1880s.

The mill was derelict by 1978, the top two floors being in very poor condition by then. Some essential repairs were carried out in that year by the County Council.
Between 1978 and 1991, the mill was restored by the Hampshire Buildings Preservation Trust. The sails were replaced in 1990 and the mill opened to the public in May 1991.
In February 2012 the start of a major restoration to the windmill began. The first stage saw the removal of the wooden lattices that make up the sails. This work was in preparation for the replacement of the windshaft which had reached the end of its natural life.[6] The work was completed in November 2014.

I was up early, this morning, for this shot.

3 Likes

#3 - Clock Tower

Southampton Civic Centre Clock Tower

Built in the 1930, this tower sits on top of the Southampton Civic Centre (old law courts, guildhall, library).

Every four hours the first verse of the hymn O God, Our Help in Ages Past is chimed, a nod to the fact that Isaac Watts, who wrote the hymn, was born in Southampton in the 17th century.

Another pic taken early this morning … at appx 5:35am, it would appear. :wink:

One downside of the elevated vantage point of a drone … you get to see all the shit on the roofs that you never see from the “prettier” street view.

5 Likes

Severn bridge.

5 Likes

Those tree colours look quite autumnal.

1 Like

Ummmm ……

1 Like

They are, It was taken November