2018 Treasure Hunt Challenge

Almost exactly 1km from the shore. :+1:

Think I might want to get some range extenders, befor 1km over water, just for the comfort factor :pray:t2:. Looking on YT, they do seem to make a difference.

@OzoneVibe how do you include previous text on your reply? Certainly Helps to make a comment seem more relevant…

Absolutely no need for that distance … with the MP. I’ve been way further without any issue.

Highlight the text and a “Quote” button pops up. Click on that. :slight_smile:

1 Like

OK, just to keep my name on the leaderboard.

Quick flight as Mrs made me wash her car (Latvian lads did a great job for a fiver).

Wind Turbine - Rusholme Wind Farm just the other side of Drax.Details Here

Selfie - nice and easy as I’m always at the other end of the Drone (with said clean car)

Tenuous one next for tall building - the boiler house at Drax (white building) is 249ft tall, or 25 storeys (and I liked the sky) Evidence Link

6 Likes

2 Likes

Couple more on the way from the in-laws (video for a change)

Water tower

Windmill or Mill (judges discretion), The Spice Mill at Riccall, nice Indian restaurant although the chips last time we went were a little too soggy

Both shot in Riccall, between York and Selby. Amazing history, 3000 viking longboats landed there and marched to Fulford and Stamford Bridge for the famous battles. History link

3 Likes

Sorry for the delay, been away this weekend.

Great posts everyone!

Thanks for all the details, history and links too, makes for an interesting read!

Leaderboard updated and @suffolkfox has jumped straight in at number one!

Your call @milkmanchris - how do you want to enter that one mate? Suggest you enter it as the harder of the two (for you to obtain) :wink:

Ill Take it as the mill, I have a windmill in mind ;o)

Might come down to Southsea and fly out to Spitbank Fort one day this week. Wanna meet up?
Currently (!) forecasts are looking good.

You got me down as having two mills. One was a picture of a block of flats called The Mill but was my high building pic…

Updated, thanks :+1:

Whoops! Fixed, thanks :+1:

#6 - Electric Train

Doubled up as a Litchi training flight, too.

This is as it came off the MP. I could have edited out the beginning, until the train moved, but there’s one thing that really turns me on about these gadgets … just HOW static they seem to be when in a stationary hover, even when it’s moderately breezy. (See tree foliage.) So I just couldn’t cut that bit out!

I was using Litchi set up as a “Zip Wire” … where it follows the route, and you can concentrate on speed, heading, gimbal pitch.

OK - I’m still learning to trust this Litchi … so I’m still not doing enough of that concentrating … so pans/tilts a bit naff!
Also, set max speed a tad low to start chasing trains. I’d hoped that, since it’s pulling out of the station (Shawford - just south of Winchester) it would be a bit slower than it was.
Only 1 train an hour stops here … I’d already had a dummy run on the train an hour before and had to head home.

The dummy run had to be abandoned before it really got underway, as the MP started to head off at speed. I’d not set things to allow me to control speed.
So many settings in Litchi!

Actually, I think my lack of trust is more in me to set up the mission correctly than the software. LOL!

2 Likes

Thanks and would love to but away on hols :parasol_on_ground:. Be good if you fancy a meet up at a location later in the month?

1 Like

Can do! :+1:

I know what you mean about trusting Litchi, I was the same when force-quitting GO4 while 90m up and handing control of my beloved drone over to Hangar360 :scream:

Leaderboard updated :+1:

1 Like

So far Litchi has done everything I asked it to do … even if I asked it to do things I didn’t intend to ask it to do. It’s definitely me that’s the weakest link on this one. LOL!

Okay… Let’s see how far I can push this :wink:

Photo 1: Akumal, Mexico 25/06/18

How many can i claim in one photo… :slight_smile: Pier and Beach? I am also in this photo, standing on the pier!

2 Likes

Must be you with your head down.:rofl: