2018 Treasure Hunt Challenge

Having been questioned a few times around power stations a local bobby mate told me that they class them as national infrastructure and are conscious of the terror threat, from overseas and the tree huggers.

He didn’t proffer his reasoning … power station or otherwise.

I nearly always ‘hide’ a km away from the intended target nowadays ;o)

1 Like

I WAS … 900m, in fact! Look at the photo!

Edit: 917m. :wink: In a small industrial estate, off the main road. Guess he was just doing the rounds.

1 Like

I’d have been a km further back than that ;o)

When I flew over the top of Eggborough recently I was hidden along the edge of a wood, over a river, 1500m away, always come back low and fast

1 Like

I’m still training my faith in Litchi … one step at a time. I want to watch it go as far as I can.
“Fast and low” was never an option with all the power pylons and cables radiating out from the place. I was intending “high and invisible” for this mission … before I was “interrupted”. :slight_smile:

Double headed Steam Train

Approaching Preston at Factory Lane.

2 Likes

Leaderboard updated!

We are currently tied for first place and fifth place :smiley:

Um…

That looks like a picture of a couple of fields… Did you upload the wrong picture? Or do my eyes need testing again?

STUNNING photo Dave!!! :clap:

1 Like

Cows/Dogs.

Read the caption …

:+1:

Nope… you’ve lost me… :neutral_face:

A covered reservoir? As in, theres a ton of water under those two fields?!

:neutral_face:

Even the link Chris posted doesn’t mention a drop of water anywhere?!

And putting Brayton Barff Reservoir in to google images doesn’t show me a drop of water either - are you lot winding me up again? :rofl:

If it’s covered, you wouldn’t see water. You see the cover. :wink:

By the way:

Did you invite him to join GADC? :+1:

There are oil reservoirs thousands of feet under ground … you don’t see oil. LOL!

Didn’t seem like the right moment.

1 Like

Even Wikipedia has never heard of this reservoir… You’re seriously telling me there’s water under two entire agricrop fields?!

How is that even possible?

I have no idea if you lot are taking the piss now or not :smiley:

Granted…

Hmmmm :thinking:

:rofl:

I think that the link goes to “Yorkshire Water” and the title is “Brayton Barff Reservoir” … even as a southerner I’d imagine Yorkshire Water know what a reservoir is and does. LOL!

You can grow sedum on a house extension roof.
I’m sure if you have (probably) a massive concrete tank with a reinforced roof, you can grow crops and have tractors and combines whizzing about on it?

As the highest point for miles around it is unsurprising that this hill has been adopted for water storage, with two large covered reservoirs. These are now managed by Yorkshire Water

A YouTube video (not mine shows it a bit better)