2018 Treasure Hunt Challenge

Ok, ok, I’ll take your word for it - entry accepted :rofl:

Let’s face it … if anyone should be arguing against it, it should be me!! #MainChallengerMilkmanChris

1 Like

In the YT that @milkmanchris just posted, you can see the “twin domed pump house” I read about when googling it.

I took an 11 minute litchi today including the pumping station, wasn’t pleased with the result though hence the still image.

2 Likes

We’ve got something similar up our way.

Large field with lots buried under it. Off top of my head there is a…
Canal lock, Castle, Clock Tower, Cooling Tower, Electric Train, Mill, Monument, Pier, Reservoir, Sandy Beach, Steam Train, Suspension bridge, Tall Building, Viaduct, Water Tower, Windmill, and a wind turbine.

I’ll need to get out and get a few photos :rofl:

2 Likes

There’ll be a fibber buried under it soon, too! :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

gallery

And an informative read on the valve replacement works http://www.cla-val.co.uk/user/downloads/Anti-Surge%20Air%20valves%20Elvington%20to%20Riccall%20case%20study.pdf

2 Likes

Wait till you see my crop circle ;o)

1 Like

So the first of my entry,
Scoby Sands Windfarm, I managed to get out to 3000ft from the shore and still nowhere near it

Sandy beach, Caister on Sea

Caister Water Tower

A dronie

Hopefully I will manage to get out for the rest of the challenge

4 Likes

#1 - Canal Lock

Hamstead Lock, Kennet & Avon Canal, Marsh Benham, Newbury, Berks

Rapidly approaching it’s 300th birthday!

2 Likes

suspension bridge. this is the old severn crossing from Aust to Chepstow opened on the 8th september

1966 by Quen Elizabeth II

3 Likes

selfie. Just a pic of lil old me having a thank F*** for that moment after flying my MP 2500 mters over the severn estuary to take pics of the new severn bridge

1 Like

#1 - Canal Lock

Some more shots from yesterday …

Copse Lock 51°24’ 03.1" N, 1° 24’ 05.5" W Kennet & Avon Canal

Just a short distance from Hamstead Lock where I took the video.

There was a 3-party series on TV, in recent weeks. about the building of our canals, and one of the episodes was about the Kennet & Avon,

It was interesting visiting with the information still in my head from the program. One gets a far better appreciation of the gargantuan task this was in the early 18th century.

6 Likes

Just a little price of history about my earlier pic of the Severn bridge. In 1991 it was also dedicated to world peace and named the Sri Chinmoy peace bridge

1 Like

Brilliant photos @Paul_M :smiley:

Weird… I can see water in that lock… it’s not covered up? :stuck_out_tongue:

Only joking :wink:

Congrats on getting the second-only suspension bridge in the entire challenge so far!

Leaderboard updated - things are hotting up now! :+1:

2 Likes

It’s a lock … without cows/dogs … not a reservoir … without water being visible.

ACTUALLY … somewhere in the UK, there is a lock in a tunnel …
Need to investigate this one! LOL!

1 Like

Now I know you’re having me on :rofl:

OK - Tunnel entry.

2 Likes

@PingSpike I must be lucky with suspension bridges I have 3 in my local area. 2 Severn crossings an the Clifton suspension bridge in bristol :grin:

Selfie
Factory Lane Preston

1 Like