2018 Winter Treasure Hunt Challenge

For number 27 if deemed worthy

2 Likes

Wednesday morning here in North Oxfordshire had the most stunning sunrise, frosty fields, moon in the sky, not a breath of wind - it was perfect. Except, a combination of walking a rumbustious dog, needing to get to work, etc etc it was not to be from a photographic point of view.

Before that, everywhere around had snow, but nothing convenient.

But, today, woo hoo, snow. The photo is not going to set the artistic world alight with excitement, but, nonetheless - #5 - Snowy Field

2 Likes

White Loch, south of Glasgow. Completely frozen, sun shining on the ice.

White Loch

3 Likes

And a little video taken flying over the frozen loch… at -6ºC (-7 if you believe the car)…

White Loch

2 Likes

Glorious colours in the video :+1:

1 Like

Entry for flying in snow. This is in my back garden last night and only went up to about a short didstance mainly to keep it below my house roof and secondly because the snows was busting in the wind!
Taken last night at 9.25pm

1 Like

360 Panorama taken at 8.10 this morning of the snow covered fields north of Westbourne village

3 Likes

Last one for now… my chimney.

Chimney.mp4 (46.3 MB)

(Not sure how to embed videos, so here’s a link to it on Flickr)

Chimney

1 Like

Poor Mavic,you lit the fire,and were going to burn it,how could you be so cruel ???:rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

Another flurry (LOL! Flurry! See what I did there?? :rofl:) of entries sees the Leaderboard updated once more!

Headlines from today’s update:

@BrianB advances his lead further still in the # 1 slot :scream:

@leeheyes and @JoeC both jump up the charts to take joint a 5th place :+1:t2:

And @Renni-Aire advances his position to take joint 10th place alongside @TassyWass and @andy_bee_1 and @scorps (a popular slot!) :smiley:

Excellent entries everyone :clap:t2:

1 Like

FOUR WEEKS REMAIN!

It’s not too late to enter :smiley:

But it was cold :joy:

All the tress around this morning and even a few pines but barely a snowflake on them - who’d have thought - will need to do better - and get more snow… :persevere:

1 Like

I said I was done for the day… but it started snowing so here’s a little video flying above the car with the headlights on so you can see the snow falling.

Falling Snow.mp4 (7.6 MB)

Still not managing to embed uploaded video… Flickr to the rescue again…

Falling Snow

2 Likes

Number 29 Ski slope - Artificial with people on and in the dark.
Silksworth dry ski slope
SR3 3BD

01-02-19
20:00

6 Likes

Now that’s a great one to get - a 3 pointer :+1: should be a bonus point for real snow in the picture as well! :wink:

1 Like

Cheers Brian.

I am guessing frozen water is ok? Can I also claim “Sunrise or Sunset, rising or setting through multiple trees” taken at 5.2m?
This was taken next to an abandoned church called St Peter’s in the Rushes. In the graveyard which is totally overgrown there a lots of really old slate grave stones from the early 1700’s. Apparently due to the muddy soil the villagers decided to relocate to firmer ground in the village Rempstone. This was on the main route from Loughborough to Nottingham, which had been turnpiked in 1737. St Peters was demolished and the “new” church All Saint’s was built in Rempstone with the stone from old St Peter’s, along with some new farms in the area. As many of the villagers had family graves at the old site, the grave yard continued to be used up until around the mid 1770’s.

1 Like

Number 6 Snow covered pine trees
01-02-19
Wallsend Golf course
NE28 8SU
23:30

3 Likes

Number 27 - A winter scene worthy of a Christmas card
Was in the dark not dusk so not sure if eligible for bonus point
Holy Cross - Wallsend
01-02-19
21:52