[8=] @andy_bee_1 [5 points]
[10=] @DTH [4 points]
[10=] @Renni-Aire [4 points]
[12=] @TassyWass [2 points]
[12=] @scorps [2 points]

1 Like

btw - that’s a “caravan clad in wood planks” … not a “log cabin”. :wink:

3 Likes

Yeah, I did think that was pushing the definition of ‘log cabin’ a little. And I guess not quite dark enough for true dusk? Going to have to go hunting some deer for that extra point since I doubt we’ll be getting the gritters out again now the temperature is in double figures.

Just modified for the “dusk”.
The easy bit is you lot taking pics/vids. The difficult bit is getting all the points/edits right! :wink:

1 Like

#2 - Frozen Body Of Water

Will the sea suffice?!!

AND, there’s a jetty (towards the left of the photo) AND some boats on top of the ice (does that count as frozen in?) AND a WWII submarine - what more could you want?!

This is Suomenlinna, Helsinki, a sea fort built across a handful of islands accessed by ferry. The fort was started by the Swedes in the 1740s, but has also been in Russian and Finnish hands. It’s been a Finnish submarine base, and while it’s no longer an active military fort, there’s still a Naval Academy here.

These days it’s a UNESCO World Heritage site, and makes a fantastic day out, even in the snow and ice when some of it is inaccessible. And, for somebody who’s never seen frozen sea before, the ferry ride was pretty special too, with the chunks of ice clattering down the side.

3 Likes

Glad you got over to Suomenlinna, great place to fly.
although it was a bit warmer when i was there !!.

Really enjoyed it, though the wind and snow limited airtime. In fact, w d and snow was a constant problem, so this was my only flight

1 Like

Now thats what i call frozen water :+1:

1 Like

It sure does !

It sure will !

Leaderboard updated!

Today’s update sees @Renni-Aire jump up to joint 8th place alongside @SpininB and @andy_bee_1 :clap:t2:

1 Like

Hmmm, we’ll, since more snow is looking unlikely, here’s my #27, Scene Worthy of a Christmas Card. It was taken the same time as the snowy field, and I’d hoped for something “more”. It, here it is, North Oxfordshire in the snow.

Can’t believe I’m talking about Christmas in February!

2 Likes

I’m hoping my trip to Kyiv and Chernobyl in a few days should get me some of the snowy ones :+1::radioactive::skull_and_crossbones:

1 Like

I’ve just done my first tilt&shift edit following another thread about it. Might just be me, but the more I was looking at the end result, the more I thought that I’d happily put this on the front of a Christmas card.

I took it at the end of January at an estate near me in East Ayrshire.

5 Likes

I think this really works well @JoeC :clap:

1 Like

Thanks Brian… must admit that I’m ridiculously chuffed with it. :slight_smile:

Leaderboard updated!

Today’s update sees @JoeC solidify his current 3rd place and @Renni-Aire jumps up a notch to joint 7th place alongside @leeheyes :clap:t2:

I would be too mate :+1:t2:

1 Like

Nice one joe I agree Christmas card material

1 Like

Winter, what’s that?

resides in Phx, AZ, USA

AKA the 2nd hottest place to live in the U.S.

1 Like

I’ve also had my dangly bits very much in non-dangly mode in AZ … walking around the rim of the Grand Canyon in DEEP snow! (Over 6ft deep!)

And - then there’s Arizona Snowbowl - quite an impressive ski resort when I was there.

Both those places get more snow than most of the UK … so you have it quite easy. :wink: