2018 Winter Treasure Hunt Challenge

Just re-read the item and I didn’t need to run to the car and get the scarf cos I forgot it, or leave it behind when I forgot it again.
I already had the carrot!!!
Oh well, it’s been fun, and I hope a local will make use of it :blush:

I’ve been going through what I’ve got off my drone, and it’s nowhere near everything but I bet I have icicles on there! Not going to turn it on inside the airport to find out though, so I’ll take the draw with Brian, and honoured to join him as he worked hard for his too. (unless he has an ace up his sleeve? :flushed:)

2 Likes

Not sure how many Andy has left but here is my final entry.

Santa- Wildcard entry, completely open to any interpretation but make sure it’s interesting, this is a Challenge remember!

Seems Santa got a new drone for Christmas which he is have in fun learning to fly!

https://vimeo.com/320548353

He did some help to hold the controller…

And just to show he is flying the Mavic Air! :wink::rofl:

4 Likes

It’s not over yet @andy_bee_1 - I don’t hear any fat ladies singing :smiley:

There’s another few hours before entires close at 10PM tonight :grimacing:

1 Like

Not an ace, but a :santa: Andy! Sorry but say yours and just had to go and do this, especially as I had borrowed the Santa… Trouble is that now I know you post 2 to put me in 3rd :flushed:.

But someone else maybe holding on for the final couple of hours

Nice one! @BrianB
You’ve got me then, I am now on a plane, but due to a 45min delay will not land until after the deadline. Shame as I definitely have a Christmas card entry and icicles on the drone somewhere I am sure :anguished:

1 Like

Ooh, flight mode not required yet!

1. A winter scene worthy of a Christmas card
    – Bonus point if taken at dusk (unfortunately not)
2 Likes

2 hours 53 mins to go …. :+1:

1. Some Icicles
    – Note the plural

This was on the outside of a building I was looking in in Prypiat. Taken Tues 26th Feb.

Now I really have to turn drone and phone off!

2 Likes

Well done Andy :+1: I deserved that :rofl:

BREAKING NEWS!

In one of my recent leaderboard updates it would appear I wasn’t paying full attention.

Sorry @andy_bee_1 but I wrongly awarded you two points for this:

1. Frozen Lake
    –Plus 1 bonus point for : Pier or jetty in said lake

I have updated the leaderboard now and removed that item.

The reason I removed it?

Because you had already entered a frozen lake on # 4 of your list:

1. Frozen Lake

This Leaderboard change means Andy drops from being joint second place, to being in a lone third place.

Which may change again in a minute when I update the leaderboard again with his latest submissions! :rofl:

Sorry everyone :confused:

Ok, for what may be the last time this year, Leaderboard updated!

@BrianB - Cracking Santa entry :rofl:

It’s :clock10: !!

That’s it folks!! The 2018 Winter Treasure Hunt Challenge is now closed for any further entries!

:drum: :drum: :drum: :drum: :drum: :drum:

:tada: :tada: :tada: CONGRATULATIONS :tada: :tada: :tada:

We have ourselves some winners!

There were 30 items to collect and 20 bonus points on offer, giving a total of 50 points available.

@GrahameRob collected 20 of the 30 items and also collected 10 bonus points, giving him 30 points in all, making him our winner :tada: :partying_face:

Grahame wins the :trophy: Gold Trophy :trophy: and can proudly update his profile to display his winning status :clap:t2:

Our second place winner is @BrianB who collected 17 of the 30 items and 6 bonus points, giving him a total of 23 points. Brian, the Silver Trophy badge is all yours :smiley:

And our third place winner is @andy_bee_1! 22 points were racked up by Andy, 15 items collected and 7 bonus points. Congrats on the Bronze Trophy Andy :+1:t2:

Congratulations to you all, nobody else can win these profile badges, they are exclusive to you and you alone :blush:

The Leaderboard has been updated to reflect the final scores.

And for our winners, we have a little surprise … in store … for you…

Not only have you won some serious kudos, but you’ve also won yourselves some official Grey Arrows Drone Club Merchandise :scream:

Wait a minute… (we hear you all say!)

Grey Arrows Drone Club Merchandise? :thinking:

What Grey Arrows Drone Club Merchandise is this?!?? :man_shrugging:

Hold that thought - all will be revealed at the weekend :wink:

Suffice to say that our first place winner @GrahameRob gets to choose any three items of merchandise that he likes, our second place winner @BrianB gets to pick two items of merchandise and our third place winner @andy_bee_1 earns himself one official item of merchandise too :clap:t2:

(We’ll be in touch with you all directly in the next few days)

Thank you to everyone who submitted entries, this has been our longest-running challenge ever. and there have been some stunning entires!

A total of ONE HUNDRED AND SIXTY THREE treasure items were collected in all :scream:

Keep your eyes on the Challenges category as we’ll be announcing the next Grey Arrows Drone Club Challenge soon!

5 Likes

E&OE :wink:

Thank you very much. I would like to thank and dedicate this trophy to my wife and kids for … Sod that, thanks to Dji for making the Mavic such an awesome drone :+1: and thanks to you lot for a fountain of info and advice. Well done everyone :clap::clap::clap:

7 Likes

Thanks everyone involved in the organising and agonising updating of the leaderboard.
I really enjoyed it, the challenge itself, and having to take pictures of things I would not have thought of. I will definitely be looking out for the next challenge!

Thanks for the badge and the merch :grin::+1:

6 Likes

Thank you and once again thanks for the committee for organising the challenge. This has been a really interesting one and, with photos taken from USA to Russia it has had a real international flavour! Just glad we did get some snow and ice, even if there wasn’t a ‘beast from the east’…

Can’t wait to see the GADC merchandise guys :ok_hand:

6 Likes

And I forgot to say a huge well done and thanks to @BrianB and @GrahameRob for smashing out these challenges, which is what gave me the inspiration to go for it at the end as thought of opportunities came to me :blush::+1:

I reckon if I’d paid attention weeks/months ago (suns reflection, decorated tree and house, deer etc) or had got to Ukraine a few days earlier, I might have got ya! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
Probably not @GrahameRob though! Lol

3 Likes

There was none getting @GrahameRob without a lot more snow here @andy_bee_1 I mean, who was going to get both snow ploughs and grifters in action :flushed:. Brilliant and well deserved @GrahameRob and to you @andy_bee_1 Such dedication to the GADC competition to book a winter holiday in the snow :wink::rofl:

1 Like