2019 Mixed Theme Challenge

The dates were in the very first post, too.

I see a small factory in the distance…:wink:

1 Like

@imleonbrown indeed that is actually Wylfa Power Station located on Anglesey in the distance :laughing:

1 Like

@lee Sorry, this entry is not valid. By the word “Industry”, and the examples provided, we meant Industrial and we have since renamed the theme to clarify this.

For example: Solar farms, cooling towers, viaducts, canals, railways, ports

4 Likes

@sunstone Please confirm which one of those photos you are submitting.

1 Like

Morning

Ok I’ll stick with the cooling the towers : :grin:

16 Likes

I did like the solar farm image, but love the cooling tower shot @sunstone, the colour of the light on those chimneys is just perfect​:ok_hand: a winner for me :+1:

3 Likes

That’s a really nice picture - well done chap!

OK, here’s my entry for “Industrial”, 2nd challenge - Hyperlapse

Filmed near Maple Lodge Water Treatment works in Rickmansworth on May 16th 2019 - early evening.

4 Likes

Were you flying that one from the coast? That must’ve been pushing it range-wise? Also, did you get no problems with sea birds?

Wind is more of an issue than range. If it’s too windy - 25m is too far. :wink:

I’ve done the one in this vid … and it’s further … and landed with 59%. Could have done it twice … but there was zero wind…

Bass Rock …

And @colinbm’s original post about that flight - range/birds/battery/panic : Playing with D-LOG - #27 by colinbm

As @OzoneVibe says, range not a problem - I’ve done considerably further. But opposing wind on way back caused a bit of a panic!

Edit: Airdata was telling me it was my longest, but it’s not counting the missing distance from this one.

The birds were mainly under the height of the island when not above it, so keeping at 120m was fairly safe.

My bird encounter (from another flight) was this:

11 Likes

Cheers @BrianB . I was torn between the two but loved the orangey glow of the cooling towers from the last of the sun. The strong dark blues and greens of the solar farm appealed to though lol. #toughone

2 Likes

I have a week in France coming up. I’ll have the MP with me but anything I take there will be inadmissible. :sob: On tenterhooks to find the next theme and see if I’ll be able to manage an entry.

1 Like

Missed the water thing, so here is a quick entry for part 2.

Drax Power station taken Wednesday 15th May from the energy walk (built on the old ash mounds and maintained by Drax for the community). Interesting fact they also graze rare breed sheep and pigs on the mounds that produce fantastic sausages.

Mavic Pro, auto levels in PS is the only edit.

10 Likes

THEME # 3 NOW OPEN!

Theme # 1 - Water … is now closed.

Theme # 2 - Industrial …. is also now closed

Theme # 3 - Golden Hour …. is now open for entries until midnight on Friday 31st May.

Sunrises and sunsets

Please remember …

You must tell us when and where (geographically) the photo/video was taken and provide some information about any significant items included in the view (what it’s called: a church name, for example)

Also, your entries must have been captured between now (18th May) and midnight on Friday 31st May.

8 Likes

Good video mate

I went out last night to trial Litchi and had no real plans to try and capture anything so this image is a bit ‘meh’ in terms of interest. It is a grab from some of the footage I snagged using DaVinci Resolve. Not sure if the footage will be useful beyond a few image exports but will see what we see.

Location for this is here and if you scroll out you will see HMP Parc almost due north - you can just see one edge of Coity castle in the image and is something I’ve shot with my drone and DSLR a few times over the years as it is only 20m walk from my house.

Anyway, definitely meets the ‘Golden Hour’ criteria…

10 Likes

Hell yeah it does!

Entry confirmed :+1:t2:

3 Likes

Here is my entry for the Golden Hour taken this morning at 05:45. It includes the Holy Trinity Church in Kemsley, Sittingbourne. Behind the church is the Milton Creek country park. The sun wasn’t strong due to low cloud, but as I’m usually working during both golden hours I didn’t want to rely on getting any sun this weekend.

7 Likes