2019 Mixed Theme Challenge

Finally… The sun’s come out and the wind is manageable… I’m camping out with a beer and a bird in the sky… Happy days!

5 Likes

This is from Wyken Croft in Coventry. 14-6-19. The only feature of interest is the sun!

4 Likes

st michaels mount this week in between showers/downpours.
shot on M2P

2 Likes

The 2019 Mixed Theme Challenge closes at midnight tonight!

Last few hours to get your entries in!

3 Likes

I wanted to start my final entry for this competition with a massive thank you to the organisers. I’ve never done anything like this before, but I’ve really appreciated having some motivation and incentive to think outside the box.

Here’s my entry. Chalfont St Giles taken on Friday evening (14/6/2019). There have been some awesome entries of buildings and landscapes that I couldn’t compete with given the recent rubbish weather - so I just tried to focus on light and something that really struck me. Hope you enjoy…

I had an idea for a great pano but I can’t get it to look right so will have to keep trying. I’ve requested help to try and complete what I was trying to do… pano enthusiasts please take a look!

My personal runner up for this entry was this - taken at the Chiltern Open air museum… looks super creepy to me - love it!

5 Likes

Hope you like my final entry for this challenge, I must say it has been fun having a good reason to get out and fly! The photo was taken this evening and shows Aylesford Bridge in Kent, including the Aylesford St. Peter & St. Pauls Church in the background just behind Aylesford village. I was using the tree on the left to mask a building covered in plastic sheeted scaffolding which was completely spoiling the shot.

5 Likes

Late again this time, but managed to get a bit of flying in between the downpours today. Bit blustery so kept the drone low, this seemed to be the best shot just after taking off.

Pontsticill Reservoir near Merthyr today. Sunday 16th June.

10 Likes

Didn’t think I could see any satellite dishes but I did finally spot one by zooming right in and looking very carefully lol

That’s it folks! The 2019 Mixed Theme Challenge is now closed!

The next challenge is in the planning stages - more news soon!

4 Likes

So when do we get the results? Some great entries, so impressed!

Sorry for the (unusual) delay … other commitments have got in the way of collating all the scores.

Hopefully the results will be finalised tomorrow (Sunday) or Monday.

1 Like

Cool… Thanks SL… Whomever you are :rofl:

Until the final results have been reached, here is a summary of all the entries in one post.

The quality of the entries is plain to see.

It doesn’t make the judging easy.

Theme 1 - Water

Theme 2 - Industrial

Theme 3 - Golden Hour

Theme 4 - Monochrome

3 Likes

OK - Phase one of the results …… The Theme Winners!!!

The #Water winner is …

11 - @Lozzer

The #Industrial winner is …

8 - @sunstone

The #Golden Hour winner is …

13 - @Frank

The #Monochrome winner is …

9 - @imleonbrown

Now for the longest drum-roll :drum::drum::drum::drum::drum: in history ….

Back soon with the final results!

7 Likes

And here are the results you’ve been straining to contain yourselves over, such is the anticipation (and rather slow judging!).

:tada: :tada: :tada: CONGRATULATIONS :tada: :tada: :tada:

@Frank’s excellent canal photo was judged the overall winner! :tada: :partying_face:

Frank wins the :trophy: Gold Trophy :trophy: and can proudly update his profile to display his winning status :clap:t2:

Link to Entry

Our second place winner is @imleonbrown, the Silver Trophy badge is all yours :smiley:

Link to Entry

And our third place winner is @sunstone ! Congrats on the Bronze Trophy Steve :+1:t2:

Link to Entry

Congratulations to you all, nobody else can win these profile badges, they are exclusive to you and you alone :blush:

Keep your eyes on the #challenges category as we’ll be announcing the next Grey Arrows Drone Club Challenge soon!

7 Likes

Aw ace. Thanks all. Shall wear me new badge with pride. :grin::grin:

Thanks for the great photo themes. Its spawned some fab photos and vids. it aint half given me some ideas. Well done all!! :clap::clap:

PS Its Steve btw :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

Thank you so much, its really appreciated. Well done to all those who entered. @Frank entry was superb, well done on GOLD !

Thanks also to all involved on running the page. Great site.

5 Likes

Congratulations to all the winners, some fantastic images :clap::clap::clap:
Always loved @sunstone ‘s golden hour shot :ok_hand:

4 Likes

Congratulations to the winners and well done to everyone who took part.
Some brilliant pictures and videos

3 Likes

Very well deserved :clap: :+1:

2 Likes