2020 Mixed Theme Challenge

That’s the plan… also, this is definitely a ‘national photography competition’ :wink:

2 Likes

Wondered about this last time around… what’s the reasoning behind this rule? Sure it’s sensible, but shame you can’t use anything from when on holiday.

Several reasons. But consider the current weather.

If we get three weeks of wind and rain in the UK, is it fair that someone who is on holiday in the sunshine has that advantage?

When it was a winter challenge, with snowy scenes to be taken, would it have been fair to the vast majority of the membership if those fortunate to be on a skiing holiday submitted entries?

etc.

2 Likes

Ideas are in and the sun is shining with a slight breeze, Is today the day! :pray::grin: :partly_sunny:

I guess… though holiday tends to be the time I actually get a chance to fly - living in a city and not having a car limits options for getting out locally.

No holidays planned in the near future so I wouldn’t have much opportunities either way. :slight_smile:

Theme #2 Geometric Patterns Entry:
Given the current weather as of late these wont of been talked about much, taken this morning just outside of Bridgwater, Somerset. Altitude: 380ft.

15 Likes

Looks like they’re earning their keep now :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for getting Theme #2 underway, @McSteamy2010. :+1:

3 Likes

That’s a great shot. You’ve certainly set the bar with that one! :+1: :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks Joe, tip: hours on google earth scanning the local country side from drone height :exploding_head: :computer:

3 Likes

Spent a few hours yesterday doing exactly that! :rofl:

1 Like

Haha! Brilliant! Glad it’s not just me :joy:

1 Like

really nice, took me a minute to work out what it is, could almost be generated image

2 Likes

Thanks lee, appreciate that mate :ok_hand:

1 Like

Just to get it clear in my head by geometric patterns is it strictly only patterns of straight lined shapes? eg can’t be anything with circular shapes

1 Like

:+1:

1 Like

All manner of weird and wonderful shapes on that examples link @DiamondDragon - most of which are not straight lines :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just wasn’t sure cause it said “geometric patterns” thanks for clearing that up :+1:

Ok, thanks

Things like that?
Not an entry btw

3 Likes