2020 Mixed Theme Challenge

Thanks, Bonny, for entry #14 for Theme #1. :+1:

1 Like

Great photo! :ok_hand:

:drum::drum::drum: Drum roll!! :drum::drum::drum:

Here’s the announcement that you’ve all been waiting for with bated breath!

Theme #2

Weeks 4, 5 & 6 - Geometric Patterns
–– From 28/02/20 to 20/03/20 (amended)
Straight down shots that form interesting patterns (examples)

As you will see, with current weather forecasts suggesting that we are in for more unhelpful weather, we’ve changed Theme #2 to also run for three weeks starting today, and therefore postponing the start of Theme #3 by a further week.

We decided not to extend Theme #1 any further since it was felt that this would be unfair to those that have made a concerted effort to get out in the wind/rain and fly in order to make a submission.

For the time being, the duration of Theme #3 remains at just the original two weeks - unless, nearer its commencement, the weather forecasts are again total pants.

On your marks, get set, FLY!

Don’t forget - you can win one badge per theme!

7 Likes

Nice topic… I’m going to need to give this one some thought! :thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

6 Likes

Looking forward to seeing what people come up with!

2 Likes

Strange that. Everybody else is looking forward to seeing what you come up with. :wink:

4 Likes

Whoop! Time to get my thinking cap on! :thinking:

2 Likes

Trying to find something that forms a geometric pattern from the air, while you’re stood on the ground, is potentially a tricky one!

Just gotta fly about A LOT with the camera pointed straight down.

A scan of the Not mine thread might provide some ideas?

2 Likes

I have a couple of ideas… but they both need permission so they mightn’t come to anything. Don’t ask, don’t get. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Tell the permissioner (?) that he might help you win a gold badge! #DealSealer :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

That’s the plan… also, this is definitely a ‘national photography competition’ :wink:

2 Likes

Wondered about this last time around… what’s the reasoning behind this rule? Sure it’s sensible, but shame you can’t use anything from when on holiday.

Several reasons. But consider the current weather.

If we get three weeks of wind and rain in the UK, is it fair that someone who is on holiday in the sunshine has that advantage?

When it was a winter challenge, with snowy scenes to be taken, would it have been fair to the vast majority of the membership if those fortunate to be on a skiing holiday submitted entries?

etc.

2 Likes

Ideas are in and the sun is shining with a slight breeze, Is today the day! :pray::grin: :partly_sunny:

I guess… though holiday tends to be the time I actually get a chance to fly - living in a city and not having a car limits options for getting out locally.

No holidays planned in the near future so I wouldn’t have much opportunities either way. :slight_smile:

Theme #2 Geometric Patterns Entry:
Given the current weather as of late these wont of been talked about much, taken this morning just outside of Bridgwater, Somerset. Altitude: 380ft.

15 Likes

Looks like they’re earning their keep now :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for getting Theme #2 underway, @McSteamy2010. :+1:

3 Likes

That’s a great shot. You’ve certainly set the bar with that one! :+1: :slight_smile:

2 Likes