2021 Fundamental Colour Challenge

2021 Fundamental Colour Challenge

To celebrate the end of lockdown, Grey Arrows Drone Club are pleased to announce the next in a series of Challenges!

Here’s your chance to win a super rare, exclusive badge to grace your Profile page! Haven’t heard of GADC’s awesome awards? Check out our announcement regarding Badges, Awards and Challenges.

Welcome to the ‘2021 Fundamental Colour Challenge’.

The objective is simple: Enter one Photograph, Pano or Video for each of the 3 fundamentally-coloured themes during the allotted two-week time window (for each theme).

What do we mean by fundamental colour? :thinking:

Well, this photograph is fundamentally yellow:

And this one is fundamentally purple:

You get the idea :blush:

During this six-week challenge, your coloured themes are:

• Weeks 1 and 2
    – From 12/04/21 to 25/04/21
    Red

• Weeks 3 and 4
    – From 26/04/21 to 09/05/21
    Green

• Weeks 5 and 6
    – From 10/05/21 to 23/05/21
    Blue

The 2021 Fundamental Colour Challenge offers the chance to win not just one badge, but one badge per theme!

Each of the 3 themes will have a Gold, Silver and Bronze winner rather than just a single winner for all of them combined as we’ve had in some previous Challenges. This means you could win up to three badges during the course of this Challenge :clap:t2:

The winners of each of the three Themes will be the people who’s entries are judged (by the Grey Arrows Drone Club Committee) to be the best.

Your entries will be judged on the following criteria (this is the important part):

• Fundamental colour match
  • Subject Matter
  • Composition
  • Lighting

The winners for each Theme will be announced at the end of the Challenge, not at the end of each theme. We have to keep you on your toes, it’s a challenge remember :slight_smile:

We have three awards available for you to win in our challenge. They are:

:1st_place_medal: 1st Place Winner - Gold Trophy

:2nd_place_medal: 2nd Place Winner - Silver Trophy

:3rd_place_medal: 3rd Place Winner - Bronze Trophy

The rules and small print for this challenge are as follows:

• You must post your entries to this thread in order for them to be eligible (feel free to also post / duplicate them in the Photos by Drone or Videos by Drone categories if you wish)

• This challenge is open from from 12/04/21 to 23/05/21, the closing date. Media posted to this thread outside of these dates will not be eligible. Your entries must be captured between each set of dates for the respective colour

• You must tell us when and where (geographically) the photo/video was taken and provide some information about any significant items included in the view (what it’s called: a church name, for example)

• All media must have been captured in the UK (For our overseas members, all media must have been captured in your home country)

• You must only insert one photo or video per post / reply (so we can link directly to it)

• Media must be shot using your drone while it is flying

• Videos must be a maximum of 30 seconds and may contain time-lapse and/or hyper-lapse

• Entries must be taken within the guidelines of the Drone Code

• The judges will rank all the challenge submissions (without reference to one another) and the judges rankings for each entry will be added together, and these totals themselves will be ranked

• Where an entrant submits more than one entry, only their highest scoring entry will progress and be considered to determine final positions in the challenge. Only their highest scoring entry will be eligible for being awarded a badge

• The winner will be the entry with the highest total rank

• The member whose entry ranks highest will be deemed the winner and that member will be awarded the exclusive 1st Place Gold Trophy. The member whose entry ranks the second highest will be awarded the 2nd Place Silver Trophy and the member whose entry ranks third highest will be awarded the 3rd Place Bronze Trophy

• In the event of a tie at any position the Grey Arrows Drone Club Committee reserve the right to declare an outright winner at that position

• The committee reserve the right to modify the rules at any time, including retrospectively to existing entries, where the committee decide there was an unforeseen loophole that has been exploited.

14 Likes

:tada: :tada: :tada: CONGRATULATIONS :tada: :tada: :tada:

Your winners of the Fundamentally Red Theme are:

… in reverse order …

Third Place Winner:

Steve @McSteamy2010 with his entry of “A Nice Persons House, Beans Corner, West Monkton, Taunton.”

Steve receives a Bronze Trophy badge for his profile .

Second Place Winner:

Your second place winner is @HHHHHH with his photo of Crosby beach, Merseyside:

A Silver Trophy badge is all yours, @HHHHHH. :smiley:

First Place Winner:

Your first place winner of the Fundamentally Red Theme is (another) Steve, @SirGunner with his photo of “My car from above in the middle of Hempstead Forest Benenden Kent.”

Steve wins a :trophy: Gold Trophy :trophy: badge and can proudly update his profile to display his winning status :clap:t2:

Your winners of the Fundamentally Green Theme are:

… in reverse order …

Third Place Winner:

Jason @Acedrone with his photo of “Green tractor in Green field.”

Jason receives a Bronze Trophy badge for his profile .

Second Place Winner:

Your second place winner is Jez @Earwig with his photo of “The bandstand in the River Gardens at Belper”:

A Silver Trophy badge is all yours, @Earwig . :smiley:

First Place Winner:

Your first place winner of the Fundamentally Green Theme is (the other) Steve (again), @SirGunner with his photo of “Winchelsea drains just off Winchelsea Beach East Sussex.”

Steve wins another :trophy: Gold Trophy :trophy: badge and can proudly update his profile to display his winning status :clap:t2:

Your winners of the Fundamentally Blue Theme are:

… in reverse order …

Third Place Winner:

Brian @kvetner with his photo of “Meadow Self Storage, Failsworth, East Manchester.”

@kvetner receives a Bronze Trophy badge for his profile .

Second Place Winner:

Your second place winner is Steve @McSteamy2010 with his photo of “Taunton Private School Tennis Courts”:

A Silver Trophy badge is all yours, Steve . :smiley:

First Place Winner:

Your first place winner of the Fundamentally Blue Theme is Rich @RichGBiscuit with his photo of “Solar farm on the A38 at Cambridge, just south of Whitminster, Gloucestershire”

Rich wins a :trophy: Gold Trophy :trophy: badge and can proudly update his profile to display his winning status :clap:t2:

Congratulations once again to all our winners and a special THANK YOU to everyone who took part!

Thanks guys! That’s the next six weeks sorted! Looking forward to some creative interpretations :slight_smile:

5 Likes

We’re hoping this helps too:

Knowing what the judges are looking for should help people think about their shots.

3 Likes

Whoop whoop! Nice one committee :+1:
Looking forward to this one. :grinning:

2 Likes

Bang goes the green / yellow conspiracy theorists then!

2 Likes

This is great news! Just the thing I need to kick my arse in gear to get out taking some drone shots :blush:
Thanks guys! :ok_hand:t2:

2 Likes

This could be an interesting challenge for Steve @speatuk “honest Guv I swear it looks blue to me” :wink:

5 Likes

What’s the position on post processing? It would be pretty easy to exaggerate the colours to suit. At a push you could even recolour.

2 Likes

This could be very interesting and a lot of fun for you guys.

This first one one which is “allegedly” fundamentally yellow… :thinking: no its green

the second one which is “allegedly” purple… :thinking: no its red

I will let you all have a go at this and then i will throw my “curve ball” in at the end

:grin:

5 Likes

Great stuff :clap: :clap: :clap: looking forward to this :+1:

3 Likes

Not sure we’d get away with this :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

9 Likes

Well done Steve you’ve just won the competition :joy:

6 Likes

Damn Steve thats my whole game plan down the drain now mate :confused: lol

4 Likes

Lol sorry about that!

Whats even more funny is I’ve just said to my wife, ooh new challenges on grey arrows and she said Oh God and rolled her eyes! :rofl:

She knows shes lost me to Google for the next 6 weeks. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::unamused::rofl:

6 Likes

Sorry Mrs McSteamy :grimacing:

3 Likes

My personal advice here would be to remember the judging criteria outlined above :blush:

3 Likes

Same mate :rofl:

2 Likes

Lol

2 Likes

Got to tag @JoeC in on this, I know he likes a challenge or three :+1:

3 Likes