2021 Fundamental Colour Challenge

My entry. I’d passed this Biffa depot a few times hoping to find three lorries parked in front, but best I got was one.

Biffa Glasgow - Clydesmill Industrial Estate, Glasgow - 23/04/21 @ 18:47 - Mini 2

9 Likes

Round 2 kicks off tomorrow and your colour is…

GREEN

Week three and four of the Fundamental Colour Challenge starts tomorrow and you have two weeks to capture something fundamentally green.

To everyone who has entered so far, Thank you!

To everyone who is yet to enter, it’s not too late! You can enter at any point during the next two weeks and stand an equal chance of winning!

11 Likes

Awesome, got one lined up for this one. :clap:

2 Likes

:grin:

1 Like

My initial thoughts are green should be a lot easier than red, but then again… :thinking:

3 Likes

We started with a pistol! and we finish with a Traffic Light STOP!
Taken tonight at my Local retail park on the A56

4 Likes

I had the same thought. I mean, at least come the end of the fortnight if I don’t get struck by inspiration there’s a field out the back that’s going to be a darned sight more fundamentally green than my entry for this one was fundamentally red. But a field isn’t going to cut it really.

Man, red was tough though. I ended up driving aimlessly around Ayrshire for two hours this evening looking for something better. All I got was a picture of a red tractor that’s not worth entering. Pleased me though. I’m a teuchter and in primary school we followed tractor manufacturers the way other kids follow football. I was always Massey Ferguson.

Anyway, good luck with green everybody.

3 Likes

Wow, sounds like you went to the same school as me, I remember having tractor trading cards!

3 Likes

You’ve got green now, are you hoping for orange next? :joy::crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

Shuuuuuuuush! :joy:

2 Likes

Here’s my fundamentally green entry.
April 20th around 6pm, near Princes Risboro. Bucks. MM2

10 Likes

Sorry to be that guy, Geoff, but you might want to have a squint through the rules again. :wink:

Nice picture, though.

Edit: I’m not going to delete this because I can cope with a bit of egg on my face and I’m happy for the clarification. While I thought that the media had to be captured during the current challenge time slot, the rule does actually state that it just has to have been captured during the entire challenge period.

Sorry. As you were. Nothing to see here. Move along…

Further Edit: No. Hang on. Now I do feel like I’m on Taskmaster. Does that mean that if I come across some brilliant red thing before the competition is over I can enter it retrospectively?

“All the information is in the task,” indeed. :laughing:

The entires need to be captured between each set of dates for the respective colour.

Otherwise people wouldn’t need to capture anything and could just browse their back catalog for the last few weeks :blush:

We’ll edit the first post shortly, to make that clearer.

2 Likes

[quote=“GADC_Committee, post:1, topic:29798”]

• “This challenge is open from from 12/04/21 to 23/05/21, the closing date. Media posted to this thread outside of these dates will not be eligible. Your entries must have been captured between these dates”

Mmm, just a bit ambiguous then😬
Never mind, lots more green things out there😂

Well, yes, that’s why I did the double-take.

I’m guessing that field hasn’t gone anywhere in the past six days. You could just go back and take the same picture and no-one would be any the wiser. :wink:

1 Like

I could… but it was a very long walk!!!

Yes, very.

Sorry about that.

You wouldn’t believe how many times we all went over the rules in great detail either :pensive:

No worries! It’s great that you are providing the competition in the first place! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I have to say that I personally thought it was pretty clear that there was 3 subjects with a different set of dates for each subject :man_shrugging:

4 Likes

The Green
Little Harrowden Goff course
18:18 26th April 2021
Dji mini 2

6 Likes