2021 Fundamental Colour Challenge

@GADC_Committee although you said you wouldn’t release round 1 results until after round 3, it might be helpful to some members to see the round 1 results earlier, to reinforce what is required?

3 Likes

What will help me for the next round is if you don’t beat me to the only ‘fundamentally’ valid idea I’ve had in a fortnight :wink:

4 Likes

I thought I would try a different take on ‘fundamentally Red’. In my second image if you asked someone to look at it quickly and then ask them which colour stands out of the image, I believe they would say Red.
Maybe filling the image with red is a bit too obvious? :laughing: (like I did with my first effort!)

I’m speaking on behalf of our other committee members when I say, I think (fundamentally?) most people got the general gist.

The two examples provided in the first post were intended to demonstrate what we were looking for.

If I make the example pictures smaller, it might help clarify further.

This picture is fundamentally yellow:

And this is fundamentally purple:

I’ll now use some examples from members here too.

Sorry, not singling anyone out in this general reply, just using your photos because they’re here.

This is fundamentally red:

This is either fundamentally blue, or fundamentally greeny-brown. What it’s not, is fundamentally red:

Hopefully these examples help?

The other thing that was in the rules, and we didn’t think this even needed mentioning, your photo must be taken using a drone :man_shrugging:t2: It must also be taken between the date ranges listed.

We clearly listed the judging criteria too, so people would know exactly what we were looking for in an entry:

Again, there aren’t many rules (only 15 I think). Please read them guys :blush:

If anyone is unsure of any aspect of any of the rules please just ask (either publicly or privately), we’ll happily explain in more detail if needed :smiley:

Anyone watch Taskmaster? As Little Alex Horne would say, “all the information is in the task” :blush:

9 Likes

Will a very close photo of a royal mail van count as fundamentally? :grin: :running_man:

1 Like

If it’s from your drone, within the rules and the dates then that would be a yes

1 Like

My car (VW Golf MK7 with a slight modification to the headlights) from above in the middle of Hempstead Forest Benenden Kent. Taken last night with my MA2, 1 second exposure at 800iso

11 Likes

Probably should mention was taken using full manual settings. Also my Mrs thinks she deserves a mention for sitting in the car with her foot on the brake pedal :grin:

10 Likes

Steamy’s New Entry

Location: Nice Persons House, Beans Corner, West Monkton, Taunton.
Date: 24/04/2021 / 14:00ish

12 Likes

My entry. I’d passed this Biffa depot a few times hoping to find three lorries parked in front, but best I got was one.

Biffa Glasgow - Clydesmill Industrial Estate, Glasgow - 23/04/21 @ 18:47 - Mini 2

9 Likes

Round 2 kicks off tomorrow and your colour is…

GREEN

Week three and four of the Fundamental Colour Challenge starts tomorrow and you have two weeks to capture something fundamentally green.

To everyone who has entered so far, Thank you!

To everyone who is yet to enter, it’s not too late! You can enter at any point during the next two weeks and stand an equal chance of winning!

11 Likes

Awesome, got one lined up for this one. :clap:

2 Likes

:grin:

1 Like

My initial thoughts are green should be a lot easier than red, but then again… :thinking:

3 Likes

We started with a pistol! and we finish with a Traffic Light STOP!
Taken tonight at my Local retail park on the A56

4 Likes

I had the same thought. I mean, at least come the end of the fortnight if I don’t get struck by inspiration there’s a field out the back that’s going to be a darned sight more fundamentally green than my entry for this one was fundamentally red. But a field isn’t going to cut it really.

Man, red was tough though. I ended up driving aimlessly around Ayrshire for two hours this evening looking for something better. All I got was a picture of a red tractor that’s not worth entering. Pleased me though. I’m a teuchter and in primary school we followed tractor manufacturers the way other kids follow football. I was always Massey Ferguson.

Anyway, good luck with green everybody.

3 Likes

Wow, sounds like you went to the same school as me, I remember having tractor trading cards!

3 Likes

You’ve got green now, are you hoping for orange next? :joy::crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

Shuuuuuuuush! :joy:

2 Likes

Here’s my fundamentally green entry.
April 20th around 6pm, near Princes Risboro. Bucks. MM2

10 Likes