2021 Fundamental Colour Challenge

Not much red around, had to think out of the box…

7 Likes

The National Burns Memorial Tower in Mauchline. And behind it the
National Burns Memorial Homes. Beyond those the fields of Mossgiel Farm, worked by Burns himself from 1784 to 1786 (and where he penned ‘To a mouse’).

Red sandstone in all it’s glorious, golden-hour brilliance.

Taken a little after 8pm yesterday.

(quick edit to say that whilst the subject is fundamentally red, I do appreciate that the picture as a whole doesn’t entirely fit the brief…)

7 Likes

I’m taking my committee hat off for a moment here and speaking both personally and bluntly.

Guys…

Come on…

This is getting beyond a joke now :pensive:

There are only 15x rules. None of them are complicated :man_shrugging:t2:

If you can’t be bothered to read the rules before posting an entry then quite frankly why should I bother telling you why your entry is not eligible?

Is this post aimed at you? :thinking:

You’ll have to read the rules and compare them to your entry to find out.

Or don’t, and wait till the end of the challenge and wonder why you scored zero points :confused:

6 Likes

Well, I’ve double checked all the rules, and checked my entry and I can’t see any I’ve missed… but I’m still going to lie awake all night worrying about the slightest possibility this might have been me.

3 Likes

Whoops! It seems I missed read the rules before I posted my entry. (Royal Mail Train)

I apologise and would be pleased if my entry is taken down.

Sorry.

2 Likes

2021 Fundamental Colour Challenge - RED

Replacement video for Royal Mail Train

7 Likes

Where? Lol maybe I should know this but I don’t? :grimacing:

Fixed.

Nice one - but its 32 - 33 seconds long :man_facepalming:

1 Like

Cool Shot

1 Like

Thanks, I’ve corrected the video time as seen below. I have asked for the other one to be deleted.

Royal Mail Train
Taken as it passed Dudswell travelling towards its destination, London. At this point it runs alongside The Grand Union Canal.

Great Train Robbery (1963) - Wikipedia

1 Like

Here is an example of how the colour RED can totally dominate an image. Even though the red part is tiny in relation to the the area of the the image the eye is inexorably drawn to the red part. Photographers and image makers have been using this for years. Just watch some of the Drone Film Guide content with the lady in the red dress. I would say that Red is the Fundamental colour in this image? Taken at Sennen Cove a couple of days ago with M2P.
David

5 Likes

Sutton, Surrey. Sky looked bright red to the eye but came out orangeish in the pic. Hope it still qualifies.

4 Likes

Are we in the Matrix? Are you Mouse? :laughing:

1 Like

I’m really struggling with this comp as my understanding is that to be a ‘fundamentally red’ image a high percentage of the image must be the colour red (as in the opening two examples) or have I got this wrong? I’ve been looking for things to photograph that would fill the image with red, to no avail.

6 Likes

You are fundamentally correct. :wink:

8 Likes

:joy: :+1:

3 Likes

Fundamentally not totally :joy::joy::joy::see_no_evil:

2 Likes

I’ll agree though John, @Drumsagard it’s difficult :sob:

2 Likes

If it was fundamentally easy, it wouldn’t be a challenge.

9 Likes