3 days in Snowdonia …featuring Mavic Air 2 footage

Recently finished my film / blog ‘3 days in Snowdonia’ featuring first time footage from my Mavic Air 2…
Crib Goch at the end… was particularly technical haha, as there is not great places to land the craft whilst on the arête. :+1:

13 Likes

Nice!
I’m off to Snowdonia in a couple of weeks and planning to take the MA2 with me.

1 Like

Great video.

I love that part of wales.

At least there are not so many queues on that route either !

1 Like

Returned from Pen y Fan, so been looking at Snowdon for my next challenge (after I lose some pounds, get fit, convince the mrs, etc.)

Jay, that’s a great video. Really well put together. And the location … wow. It’s on my list to do one day. Many thanks for sharing, certainly inspiring! Congrats :clap: Liked and subscribed :wink:

Enjoyed your footage, brilliant

I gave it the justices it deserves and watched it on the tv in 4k

Thank you. Definitely drone country. Might have to buy some more batteries ( 4 all ready ! ) and stay in there longer…haha.

Great stuff… it certainly is a great place to fly…Especially as the madding crowds are not there at the moment👍

Thanks, glad you liked it… needs slightly a better colour grade and render but fantastic fun to do.

1 Like

Spectacular place. The drone definitely helps to convey the sense of perspective on the mountains. The first day on the crib was very misty almost white out… so I was blessed to have the next day as sunny as it was… and less windy. Pretty nerve wracking flying the Mavic off the crib… The follow mode was just excellent whilst I was climbing. :+1:

1 Like

Really enjoyed your video well put together :+1::movie_camera:

It looked awesome and I can imagine it was scary trying to navigate the crib whilst watching the screen.
Not something I’d try so fair play.

Thanks…There’s a few places along the crib where you can rest up… small ledges… that’s where I flew the Air 2 from. I took a couple of climbing slings to secure my kit / equipment too. Absolutely fab place when you get a view.

1 Like

Couldn’t agree more. It’s a great view from up there on a clear day.
Although it’s been quite a few years since I have attempted that again.

Would love to get an fpv drone up there as it could be awesome but a slightly more friendly route would be better than trying to perch on a ledge.

Yes, great views. There’s three parts to the crib that are good to fly from if you’re coming up the main route from the east buttress as soon as you top out onto the ridge there’s a really nice slab of rock you could basically sit there and have a picnic…or fly drones. Next where I’m standing on the video is okay… on top of the pinnacles further along there are some flat ledges to fly from too. I’ve never fly the drone if it is busy though it’s very distracting… ( I wouldn’t want to be part of that distraction not on the crib ) enjoy .

1 Like