5 in 5 January Challenge - Discussion Thread

don’t need pinpoint locations, use crayons and a piece of paper, pretend you’re back in primary school :rofl:
In fact, send the drone up a mile or two and take a picture straight down. Print it out, mark some X’s with your crayons, take a photo of it and post it in the thread. Job done!

1 Like

Put your postcode in here with a 5 mile radius chosen

1 Like

That’s handy I wouldn’t have been able to work it out either :scream::joy:

1 Like

Ok Chris managed that thanks, how would I add pins for photos I take

I managed to put a coordinate pin on so I think I would just need to number them ….I’m using an I pad
Nope can only drop one pin ….IT gives me a nosebleed :exploding_head:

No need to, from the @Challenges_Committee rules

We will of course carry out spot checks, but this is meant as a fun comp with no prizes. So no, we are going to rely on the honesty and integrity of the membership. We are not big enough to police every picture

This could be fun, yes half of it is in the sea, but plenty of good spots to fly/photograph

Chris is of course correct. It is not a requirement of entry, just handy for everyone to easily see.
I don’t know how to do this on anything other than windose so here is a brief explanantion.
I had the map on screen and press/hold SHIFT+WINDOWS KEY+S. Then using the cursor I selected the area I wanted to copy. Then pasted it into MS Paint, using the circle tool I drew 5 circles and moved them into position. Finally I used the text tool to create the numbers before saving as a jpg

Morning
Just incase some don’t know, if your using I phone / iOS / Mac or I pad, if you have locations turned on within photos, it will pin point your location of the photo when that photo is created, that will be my go to if ok……

Except when your pin isn’t near your postcode :joy:

Just update your location in your profile and the pin will move :wink:

( yes, it took me too many minutes to figure that out :wink: )

Either demand proof of postcode via a scan of a utility bill, government communication or other official document no more than three months old or let common sense prevail and treat this like the light-hearted bit of fun that it is :slight_smile:

:+1: :+1: :clap: :clap:

do images have to be captured on or after the 1st? or can we start snapping now and submit the entey after the 1st? :slightly_smiling_face:

@DeanoG60 I think it don’t start till the 1st mate, I’m sure I read somewhere is also when you start taking your pictures & throughout that month.

1 Like

All images must be taken and posted during January

Please use this thread for discussion and questions. We want to keep the entries one for… entries :+1:

3 Likes

Go on. Five top down photos of the sea. I’ll vote for you.

1 Like

Don’t forget to add your Drone Scene entries… :wink:

Been out getting some images in the bag for this comp.
Looking forward to this one.

5 Likes

Nice hat :star_struck:

2 Likes

Just a little feedback :wink:

I did feel hindered by this :point_up: restriction today. I felt that I could have captured better shots around the 50-60 feet mark. I am guessing the 100 feet AGL is to ensure it is ‘shot by a drone’, but maybe this could be reduced in future to 50 feet? :man_shrugging:

No worries if it’s a hard n fast rule. I shall “Improvise, adapt, overcome!” :wink: