5 in 5 January Challenge - Discussion Thread

From the replies to this challenge I don’t envy the committee on the next actual competition. :joy:

Anyway. All seems pretty straight forward. :saluting_face:

It was the apprentices fault for trying to be kind and inclusive. He has been re-tarred and feathered for his silliness. If it wasn’t for the fact that this challenge was his idea he would have been beaten as well!

I hope not!!! Have you seen some of those temperatures? We all thought we had it bad a couple of weeks ago. I saw a guy on the news this morning throwing water into the air, it froze instantly ffs

Handy if you need instant ice cubes ! :ice_cube::ice_cube::ice_cube:

Don’t talk about young Steve like this, he’s not a hardened old wizard …… yet :laughing::laughing:

Not me this time Steve :laughing:

is that 5 nautical miles … :rofl:

:joy::joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

Interesting…

Just as well I used to work in a button factory!!!

No, it is the statute/land mile, 5280ft. Not 6076ft as in the nautical mile based on degrees of latitude and used at sea, but thanks for your enquiry :pinched_fingers:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Surely statute miles if you are taking pictures of land but nautical miles if taking pictures of the sea?

Everyone knows that things swell in water …

1 Like

which is why you permanently have your boaby in a glass of seawater eh? Hoping and praying :rofl:

1 Like

Love seeing the old Scottish ladies laughing at the boabies in the Spanish tat shops

I walk the coastline. Drage in seawater all the time. I have markings tattooed at regular intervals along its length and, if I think very hard about Nigella Lawson, can perform metric/imperial length conversions with surprising ease.

And I thought I’d pushed the chat slightly in the wrong direction :joy::joy:

Depends on how cold the water is. :wink::wink:

The challenge thread has been created. But please don’t post in it until the opening date.
The 31st and following few days may get messy if Tafo can not behave himself. He therefore thought it wise to create it while still sober and with clear thought. He has also decided to renege on his earlier promise of no more rule changes. They have been amended to allow colour and exposure correction, along with cropping. The reasoning is that he is partial to gritty black and white images of industry, grimey streets scenes and the like.
Between now and then, read the rules again. But most of all, have a blast over the next week folks

3 Likes

thanks for the opportunity or thought, take it in the spirit and fun to show off bits of the country that most of us will probably never see in our haste and busy lives either head down on a phone or foot flat to the floor rushing about

hope you all have a great Christmas and New year with lots of memories to cherish. cheers :beers:

show us the best your 5 statue miles can offer on a rain and wind free January :+1:

1 Like

I can take photos with a drone but creating a map with pinpoint locations is way to technical for my computer illiterate skill level :man_facepalming: ….and for that reason I’m out :rofl: