5 in 5 January Challenge, Entries Only

It’s fine. I’ll log a ‘Username Change Request’ with @PingSpike to keep things aligned :joy:

1 Like

Don’t tell him anything, I’ll get banned

No issues flying at Hawley Lake? looking to fly there on Sunday with my MP3.

No, though I was surprised that the south beach area falls between the NFZ for Farnborough and Blackbush. The DJI ( fly spot ) app says that there are hight restrictions in the area and there’s an authorisation zone covering the military land over by Minley but it did require me to self authorise once air born ( I didn’t have to apply for an unlock code, unlike Beacon hill). I didn’t do much flying, it was a bitterly cold early Monday morning and I just wanted to go up, take the photo and come back down.

The NFZ for Blackbush covers most of the sailing club and all the military buildings, so, most of the eastern half of the lake is off limits. I walked around the lake on the Sunday, scouting it out, and it was fairly busy but deserted on the Monday morning. I’d seen a YT video of someone else flying there, going over to the islands and that’s what caught my attention when looking for locations for the 5x5 challenge in January.

Hope that helps.

1 Like

I hadn’t realised that the votes were in and counted, congratulations to @clinkadink ( getting the spelling right ) and :clap: for all the others taking part.

1 Like

A little late, as seems to be happening quite a lot lately, sorry.

A massive well done to everyone who managed to get out and get all photos in the bag. To those who didn’t? I’m pretty sure this should be resurrected in the better flying months. I certainly hope you all found it “different” and worthy of revisiting?
In 3rd place we have @MartG1960 , Martin :kissing_heart:
2nd place goes to @john768 , :clap: :clap:
But taking 1st place and the non existent prize money is @clinkadink , Chris :clap: :clap: :clap:

Well done again to all who went out and braved the winter elements, it’s much appreciated when you guys go out of your way, above and beyond. Thanks to all!

2 Likes

Are you sure of that ? :wink:

Sorry Martin, I was scrolling on my phone earlier, it sometimes jumps ahead and loads up the full “next page” if that makes sense? Now on laptop in crumby hotel room and can see you are indeed correct, my bad :frowning:

1 Like

Yeah it’s quite a small area over the eastern side of the lake that is still cat D airspace, but tight between Blackbushe and Farnborough. Was wanting to film my mates RC off-road cars, bit as you say might depend on number of people in the area. Thanks for the information.

Thank you all :clap: And well done to John @john768 and Martin @MartG1960 for their winning entries. The comp was a great idea, many thanks @Challenges_Committee :+1:

I must try harder

1 Like

A good challenge that got me thinking and out of the house when sitting in front of the fire would have been preferable. Well done to the winners, an enjoyable January.