A drone outing

Afternoon guys.

We had a fantastic morning in the New Forest doing photography! Unfortunately it’s out of the question to take the drone up there.
But… I want to go somewhere close to Netley this afternoon with sunset and get a few drone shots in.
Can anyone suggest a place nearby that’s at least a little bit drone friendly?
I have an idea to go to Hayling Island. I know it’s low tide around sunset but reflections could be quite interesting.

1 Like

think there a few vids on here from there A quick jaunt to Hayling Island

1 Like

Might just run… into each other…

There is a great place to fly just as you get onto Hayling. X marks the spot of a small car park and looking east you get a great sunset over Portsmouth and the sun lights up the bridge. O walk to the area where you see a railway signal on the old billy line. Only shame today is that tide will be out, and watch out for the oystercatchers,

4 Likes

Nice shot! And thanks will do.

I’ve been scouting for a nice place by Warsash or hamble etc to fly from but there’s a lot of restricted air space nearby. As you get to Lee on Solent there’s the coast guard airfield too! Stokes Bay is ok and you can get spinnaker from a distance!

1 Like

@Longstride Thanks a lot! I’m also looking around. We must be very close to each other. I’ll check out the areas you’ve mentioned.

1 Like