A Few From The Zoo

Stunning creatures and if it weren’t for zoo’s we’d probably never see them but horrible seeing these animals in such small pens. :cry:

The Sea Eagle & Vulture :scream: What a stunning creature and how big!! must have a 2m wingspan easy caged in a 40ftsq pen. :cry:

6 Likes

Yes seeing huge birds caged or anything for that matter is extremely sad. I have a love hate relationship with zoos. Hate because they shouldn’t need to exist, love because doing the best they can to ensure endangered species survive.

Humans huh. Worst of them all.

5 Likes

Lovely images, I agree with your sentiments, unfortunately in this day and age Zoos have become a necessary evil.Sad but true.

1 Like

The last zoo I went to was when I was a kid. My kids have only gone to one because a school trip. I just don’t agree with them. I know in some cases their justification is to ‘protect endangered species’. But if the money was better spent on protecting their natural habitats, instead of cages … then I believe this would be a lot more humane and effective.

According to research conducted by Bristol University, more than three-quarters of British zoos failed to meet all the minimum animal-welfare standards.

An eye opening read here …

2 Likes

Thanks for the comments guys, Yeah it is upsetting, I’ve been a few times over the years mainly Bristol and Paignton and you see the animals just wondering in circles wearing the ground out. :cry: Like I say though if it wasn’t for these places me and my children would probably never see these animals, so I love that part of it.

1 Like