A transport Cafe On The A5 Cannock. (Good breakfast here)

8 Likes

The Hollies on the other side of the road is much better!

3 Likes

used this several time when we had a depot at four ashes …top breakfast

2 Likes

Oh this brings back memories. When I left school in 1981, I went to work with a shopfitting firm and we travelled all over the country fitting stores out. We always used to come off jcn 12 and go to a truck stop. I know it was down on the left not far from the motorway so I presume it was The Hollies.
Brought me a smile this post, thank you.

2 Likes

John, I like you but… Bad boy…

We used to use the Hollies as we did not know about this place. The Hollies changed. The staff were rude, there were strict rules on what you could exchange on a breakfast (even if you offered to pay extra). The staff would be in the kitchen chatting, they would see you and choose to ignore you if you were not a regular and then when they finally came to you the attitude was terrible. So we walked out and went to this place and have never turned back.

@Hotrodspike you got sit in the corner and think about what you have done. I will come and speak to you later mi laddo. Also, if you are in the area, try this one.

1 Like

If you pass the Hollies on the left, before you reach the island, you will see this place on your right. If you read my telling off to @Hotrodspike you will see our reasons for this.

The truckers rest greet all people and the staff love a bit of banter. The only thing is they are not 24hr. On one occasion a long time ago (when we were not known to them), we turned up and they were closed. They re opened for us as they do not like letting people down. Shaz the cook will not mix her words. A right character and she will hit me if I play her up. She still moans that she does not understand how anyone does not like Chukkie Eggs. They know us by order. I will not have egg or black pudding and exchange for a sausage and bacon, @FoleyMrs will exchange the black pudding for an extra egg. It we have the extra large breakfast we get told off. Great place, great food and well worth the visit.

1 Like

Sounds a great place, do like a bit of banter :+1:

1 Like

If you go in, you will know exacly who Shaz is, Short blondish hair, short body, short mouth. That’s our Shaz…

1 Like