A unique use for drone footage in my latest project series

I make high accuracy fading “then and now” videos and in my latest one I have taken it up to the next level and used my drone to make a Time traveller video.
I have reversed footage and then lined my final shot so it is perfectly lined up with the same shot that a photographer was stood at in 1963 ! I then fade to the photograph and make it look like video then fade back to the drone footage and then fly off.
The great thing about using the drone for these is that it gives context of the location as there are not going to be many people alive that remember the old view as its changed so much in those 61 years.

Extremely happy with how this came out, Ive got several more of these to edit together. Have a look and see if you like it.

16 Likes

@comedyhunter Brilliant :+1:

Rod

1 Like

Thanks, Ive got some more of these to edit togehter.

Nice work!
Not a criticism, but a (hopefully helpful) comment.
I find the ‘watermark’ that you have in the top right of the image quite distracting. I recognise that you want to protect your work, but that just seems a bit too intrusive to me.
I look forward to your future videos.

2 Likes

Thanks, I’m not a fan of having to do that but a few years ago someone stole a lot of my content and reuploaded it as their own work, very annoying.
I dont think its very intrusive as its up in the corner and not at 100%, I dont even notice it on a big screen.
Thanks for the feedback anyway.

Thanks, Yes Ive got a load of these and a dedicated playlist for them https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLuKLds5ZWSI2Lj2zWWPp-C_r0f4g-DsoL

They are really good, so I look foreword to seeing them. It is a great merge new & old. Thanks for sharing.
Rod

1 Like

cheers