A2CofC Pilot Training Log Files Required?

Hey Guys, now I’ve been given an Air 3 (from my wife for my birthday :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:) I’ve bought an online course to get my A2CofC with UAV Academy :ok_hand:
However, I’ve already hit my first stumbling block. Part of the Student Declaration requires me to upload flight logs…which I simply don’t have! I’ve been flying my Mini 3 Pro for nearly two years both in this country and abroad but I’ve no formal logs to prove this. Am I missing something (apart from the logs lol ) as it won’t let me proceed further without uploading some log files.
Any info that helps will be greatly appreciated.

Andy :face_with_monocle:

Join Airdata and synch your flight logs from DJI, then you can download them as an excel spreadsheet and submit that, which is what I did…

4 Likes

Or go to UAVHub …. I passed my A2 Cof C with them, and didn’t need any logs!

2 Likes

Excellent, I will take a look and see what’s what :ok_hand:
Thanks for such a prompt reply and the link too… I knew it was going to be beneficial joining this club and you’ve just proved it :+1:

1 Like

I did my A2 with UAV hub - they were brilliant, I got more information than I would ever need to pass the test, and thoroughly enjoyed it. They didn’t ask for any flight logs at all… At the time I was flying an Air 2 - well still am sometimes, but mostly the Mini3 pro, just for the lightweight of it.

I hope you were able to take advantage of our exclusive 25% discount :smiley:

And if you’re keen on AirData, we’ve an exclusive discount for that too.

All our discount deals can be found in the Members Only category :star_struck:

1 Like

Did mine with UAV Academy a few months ago and just had to send a short signed declaration/description of my drone flying experience, IE model of drone ,rough outline of flight frequency/duration, weather conditions and location type.All in lieu of flight logs. It is given as an option instead of flight logs. They were very helpful throughout and passed first time and was a great experience.

2 Likes

Ah I’m glad this has been mentioned, joined UAV academy yesterday, I’m already or have been practicing the mock exam, constantly getting 100%, no problem, I was going to ask about the flight logs ( which I have ) would anyone know exactly what they would like to see from the log ?
Kind regards
Good luck @Topscooby :crossed_fingers:t2:

Hi Kirky, as per my previous post, I did have logs but wasn’t confident on how to access & upload them so just did the declaration, approx flight frequency, types of locations and different weather types without listing every single flight. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Thank you @Yorkylad Steve, as easy as that brilliant, I did see your post just wasn’t sure what they look for in the log but I’m happy to submit by uploading or as per your method, many thanks

:+1:

1 Like

There is NO, and never has been, any requirement for any practical assessments in the A2CofC.

3 Likes

Obviously something you feel strongly about Hotrodspike, but please remember we may be newbies who are just seeking friendly help & advice🙂

Mine just renewed 1st Feb. Oops.

What’s not friendly help and advice about me telling you that there’s no need to do something?

I took my A2 over 3 years ago (one of the first half a dozen on here to do it), and my GVC a couple of months later, so I know a little about the qualifications. I spent hours researching the requirements of the qualification (it’s all on the 'net, easily found), so that if anybody else needed the info it was there.
If you want any help, just ask, I’ll come and fly with you for a couple of hours or so (I’m also one of FPVUK’s mentors and examiners, and training was my job for over 20 years)

2 Likes

Thanks Hotrodspike, I did initially search CAA website for info on A2cofc exam requirements but couldn’t clarify on this point apart from establishing there was no requirement for a practical flying exam.
With yourbackground/experience can I ask, are these companies that offer the course approved or regulated by the CAA at all and if so don’t they monitor them to ensure they all “sing from the same song sheet” when it comes to requirements for a pass. Or is that just wishful thinking on my part ?. Cheers

Yes mate, they are regulated by the CAA and have to be licenced as training companies (if I remember correctly they’re called RQEs). The quals and courses have to follow CAA guidelines in content and exam requirements much like the curriculum for schools have to follow Dept of Ed guidelines.
I did mine (and the GVC) with UAVHUB, and the course and exam were carried out perfectly and very professionally. The course material was spot on and when I had problems logging on for my exam, they actually phoned me and talked me through the procedure, so I’d recommend them to anybody.

:+1:I should have added that, prior to retiring, I too had many years involvement in identifying, sourcing, delivering and monitoring training requirements for a multitude of job roles and to ensure compliance with H&S laws, hence my interest, grey hair & opting to retire as soon as able :laughing:thanks again.

I didn’t have to upload logs with UAV hub either

1 Like

Hi Andy, I did my A 2 c of c with Coptrz and they wanted my last 24 hours of flying.