Abandoned Care Home - Added to Everything Else in Wales

I have just added this to the map of places to fly your drone at Drone Scene:

Land owner permission requirements unknown.

This is an abandoned care home - nobody seems to know why but it makes for a great spot to drone and explore. Frequently occupied by 'youfs' having a crafty can or smoke but I've never been bothered by them.

Technically private land, but has lain derelict for the 30+yrs I've lived near here. Park in nearby lay by or on access road into teh property

The originator declared that this location was not inside a Flight Restriction Zone at the time of being flown on 08/02/2020. It remains the responsibility of any pilot to check for any changes before flying at the same location.

9 Likes

Just an update to this location. Myself and another group member headed here today. We managed to get some good shots in, but they have now fenced off this building and works look to be underway.

Having found my first location inaccessible, I headed here knowing that the entrance has been blocked from the main road. However, I knew of an alternative access but I can confirm that this site has essentially become a no go area as well. Although there is access for your drone via the fields behind if wanted as my shot below shows.

You can clearly see the fence.

Please also consider this location as DEFUNCT.