Abandoned

So, as mentioned on my entry over on the mixed theme challenge I struggled with which image to go with. Usually I will find one that stands out above the rest but this time almost threw a coin in the air to pick… but here’s some more of the quarry, and a couple from the old care home, Llanerch House, that back in teh early 00’s I installed a wi-fi network prior to fire gutting it in 06.

11 Likes

I’d struggle to choose from those. :ok_hand::+1::ok_hand::+1:

1 Like

Cheers dude.

I also shot some video… or more accurately thought I did and was going to enter a 30s video for a change. Only on getting home I realised I’d done a beautiful flight around a POI only to not actually press record - #IamaMuppet

3 Likes

Used to do that quite a lot when using an action cam on a drone, think I’d started recording but actually stopped it. So i had lots of videos of my hand reaching for the camera to press the button,:confounded::confounded::confounded::confounded:

1 Like

I glanced at this and scrolled down past the excavator expecting to find this:

hqdefault

0_BW_BRI_020818_GeoffreyClark_02JPG

3 Likes

LOLz

Diolch.

1 Like

Personally I prefer the house… But both sites Lol amazing and great shots, Well done :+1:

2 Likes

The lengths some people will go to win these badges :grin:

2 Likes

I was just waiting for someone to link the two :rofl:

Nice photos. Sad to see buildings in this state of repair but at least it gives nice photos

1 Like

Indeed… I’m more intrigued about the literal abandonment of the quarry. What was going through the owners / liquidators minds to literally just shut up shop and walk away without even trying to sell some of the machinery?

Or selling the metal for scrap.

1 Like

I’d wondered the exact same thing :thinking:

Or setting up a drone park!

1 Like

They are all worthy of a badge. It’s amazing to see nature reclaiming the house and also the machinery, albeit a bit slower.

1 Like

Now there’s an idea… though there is a railway line nearby and a farmer that thinks this is his land.

Breaking news: It isn’t. :grin:

Not so sure about that, but I do love me a bit of Urbex. Just wish I knew of more places around here. We did have an abandoned farm about 2 miles from me but is now brand new property.

There’s always a farmer that thinks it’s HIS land :joy:

1 Like

Stu
I like the one you have taken of the abandoned care home.

1 Like

Thank you - and I just realised I posted the same image twice, when I had one from another angle :slight_smile: ah well.