Above the fog, video bit

I’ve always wanted to do this. Sadly it was at the end of the day rather than the start so the I didn’t have a lot of light left. As per the bit in the photo section…

25 Likes

Stunning.

1 Like

I think that’s brilliant!

1 Like

Amazing!

1 Like

Thank you gents

Gorgeous!
How high did you have to go to get above the fog?

Any issues flying in fog?

I’ve only flown in the fog once (hoping to get above it like you) with my Mini 2. It behaved quite oddly and starting going up even when I was trying to make it come down. Was quite relieved to get it back!

It was about 300 feet when I popped out above it. The best tip is to disable any downward sensors as the cloud can confuse them.

Brilliant Lee. Nice background tune too. It’s something I want to do :+1:

It was about 300 feet when I popped out above it.

Must have been an exciting moment!

The best tip is to disable any downward sensors as the cloud can confuse them.

Sadly I don’t think that’s possible on the mini 2 - though I suppose one could just tape over them?

Beats the Sh1t out of any of mine nice one @leeheyes👍

A cloud inversion I’ve done a couple, need to becareful of blades freezing up as sensors see a current rise and it will go into an auto land

R u More That 400 feet There With u Drone Bud…

Awesome :ok_hand:t3: Fortune Favours The Brave :sunglasses:

Great video, the fog layer gives the impression of extremely high altitude, i really like this :+1:

‘It was about 300 feet when I popped out above it.’

the info you ask about is in the thread

Did you find the drone was quite wet? When I tried it last year it scared me a little but no lasting damage.
Looks really great though.

Hello, you’ve dragged me back! No, not wet at all. I was up quickly to get above it rather than lingering in the wet stuff.

1 Like