Adding to iOS and Android for new users

Drone Assist app on my phone has stopped working correctly. ( see pic) Clicking anything doesn’t bring up the usual menus for further info etc. Good job I have dronescene saved as a favourite on the internet browser :wink::wink:

Follow the above and you won’t even have to open your browser

Surely this is only saving the link in Safari though ? It would open Safari on the Dronescene homepage ?? It’s simply saving a Safari link on the Home Screen :wink::wink:

What are most “apps” other than a glorified browser/webpage?

2 Likes

What more do you want the “app” to do?

It would be nice if it interfaced with the main computer in your EV so you (or AI) select a flying site and the car drives itself to the parking spot, having checked the weather. Then the drone dock in the roof box opens, the drone flies off and completes a photo and/or video mission and uploads the images to the cloud as it returns to the roof box. An AI editor creates the best possible results from the images and publishes them to Grey Arrows and your social media accounts. Any that meet the criteria for RTF, Wall of Fame or Video of the month are automatically entered …

Give the tefal heads a few months and this may become reality …

And, as if too reinforce that, I recently noticed that Chrome (and Chrome derivatives) have actually changed the wording from “Add to Home Screen” …

Crikey, I’ve got a clapped out Suzuki Splash. Personally I wouldn’t thank anyone if they gave me an EV :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
I reckon you’re dreaming of some far off utopian future if you think that having a drone dock in the roof, taking video / pics, AI applying the best editing effects then automatically posting to social media accounts etc is ever going to happen. ( and if it did, we wouldn’t need to leave the house, just tell the car what you want it to do, then relax at home whilst the computerised lawnmower did the lawns ) :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Data mining advert platforms :wink:

2 Likes

Indeed. Reductio ad absurdam.

But I am intrigued as to what features of an app would prove superior to a link to the web page on your home screen.