Advice on getting started with Adobe Premier Pro

Hi Folks, do any of you use Adobe Premier Pro? I’ve downloaded it and I’m looking for advice on getting started with it for basic use. Any advice would be appreciated.

Chances are your best bet is to search on YouTube for basic tutorials.

There will be thousands - and then it’s a case of find ones that are at the right level and created by someone you can stand listening to. That last factor brings the number right down, in my experience.

Ones you like it’s then worth subscribing too. That may result in some that go way over your head … but knowing that it is possible to do something, even if you don’t fully get it, means you have it in mind when one day you think … “I want to do X” … ah - there was a video on that … .

Done the same with Davinci Resolve … and those I subscribe to are a superb resource.

1 Like

Here you go. I mainly live in the Effects tab (in the top middle of the screen).

Below is all you really need to understand the “basics”.

2 Likes

Personally, I’d start off with Premiere Rush to learn the basics before jumping into Pro.

Never used it, but heard it is very easy.

It’s a great way to learn the in’s ans out’s of the Premier platform, before you jump into the highly technical aspects of Prem Pro.

Used this Software and love it but the subscription, for me, can’t be justified, I have a visit to Thailand soon so will be visiting Pantip or MBK :slight_smile:

If you have a student in the house you can get cheap and even cheaper from amazon on their sale days.
Creative cloud pack for students is 131.99 for the year which is everything