After reading other posts I have ordered some Strobon Cree lights

Hi @Jonnydee, I’d be interested in knowing how your new clip design fairs and whether you’d be willing the share your stl file. I printed mine off Thingiverse but would like to try a different design.

Still working on it, need to reduce weight a little and need strobes, to allow for correct fixing. What clips are you currently using and what are the pro’s and cons? Thank you

Hi pal,
This was the one i printed (x2) and i mounted them on the rear legs one facing forward and one facing backwards. The only downside so far is that they have to be taken off in order to fold the legs away.

Hope that helps

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4768889

Paul

| Jonnydee
4 January |

• | - |

Still working on it, need to reduce weight a little and need strobes, to allow for correct fixing. What clips are you currently using and what are the pro’s and cons? Thank you

If I ever get the design right, these will still need to be taken off…
Strobes arrived :slight_smile:
they are brighter than I expected :smile:

Hi. What is the weight of strobes? Trying to keep the weight of my Mavic Mini 2 under the magic 250g.

@D0c.Col answers found here: My Mini 2 with two Strobon Crees weighs...?

Great thanks.

The strobes weigh 4 grams each, with the standards clips I could find online, as I did not fancy the hook and loop sticker solution, took it over 250g. I ended up designing and printing my own and managed to get it to 249 grams :slight_smile:

I also wanted them pointing down, the ones I got online pointed rearwards at an angle and was easily obscured. The ones that pointed down fitted on the under belly and often was in the way of the power button or fouled the landing.

1 Like

I did try and get one to fully fit under the props but have not yet managed to come up with a workable/printable design that is strong/robust enough.

Nice!

Got an STL you can share?

1 Like

Hi
Thanks. They look workable well done.

I’ve had no problems with the 3M loops provided by Flytron, in fact I bought more of it for other uses. It’s the lightest way to fix them and can remain in place if you stick it underside the rear legs - attach a thin strip while it’s folded

Do you print the rear leg underslung version for sale? If so how much?

I am still tweaking the design and, after test flights, also have opted for one downwards facing and one rearwards. I was finding two down helped visibility but not so much orientation, as hard to determine out of sync flashes as the distance increases. With one down and one rear, I could tell if the drone was generally facing away or towards me, and (using the red of the rear) was able to better determine intensity to give a small element of understanding re degree of orientation. For the rear facing design, I have moved away from being close to the body as other designs, to counter balance the other side and, in my mind, it provides better visuals due to less obscuration by the body when yaw rotating.

I have not managed to get a strong enough and light enough design to fully hang under the prop area but as others have said, the hook and loop solution is strong enough.

1 Like

Sounds like a good plan. Look forward to seeing your final solution.

Interesting thread - thank you all. I’ve just ordered a pair of these strobes from Flytron (one red one white) for my Mini2. Is there a “correct” placement for these lights given they are different colour or is it irrelevant? I realise that they fit under the rear motors but wonder if there is an accepted configuration.

TIA
Dave

I personally use the red on the rear left and the white on the rear right so i can see orientation of drone. I have rear and down facing clips depending on how I’m flying, downward facing when up high and rear facing when flying low. There really isn’t a correct way, as long as you remember where you put them and why. @ash2020 can sort you out some nice 3D printed holders that clip onto the legs for the measly price of a pint or two

1 Like

Hopefully you made use of : https://greyarro.ws/t/flytron-exclusive-gadc-discount-code/1875/ when you ordered?

1 Like

I did thank you! A very generous discount too.

1 Like

My mini 2 was over 250g using the clips with 2 cree’s and an ND filter. So I used the 3M dual-lock fastners that came with the Cree’s to keep it under 250g. Never had any issues with them coming off… yet. :face_with_peeking_eye:

1 Like