My Mini 2 with two Strobon Crees weighs...?

Exactly 244.5 grams!

On a scientific weighing scale, Aircraft weighs 157.6, battery weighs 79.6, crees weigh 7.3.

Couldn’t do them all together because the scale capacity is 200g.

Can anyone confirm?

2 Likes

A Flytron Cree with 3D printed holder clipped underneath comes in under 250gm so I’d say you’re fine. Makes me wonder what scales you have that only go to 200gm :roll_eyes: :joy:

5 Likes

Interesting.

DJI quote the Mini 2 as weighing 242g

Did you have the props on? :thinking:

The standard weight of the aircraft (including battery, propellers, and a microSD card) is 242 grams. Actual poduct weight may vary.

Source: DJI Mini 2 - Specifications - DJI

1 Like

My Mini 2 weighed 238g on Christmas scales and the strobes were 4g each.

I guess DJI must spec it at the max it can be. OR my scales weigh light but the strobons are spec’ed at 4g which my scales weighed them at.

3 Likes

Are Christmas scales different from Easter scales? :thinking:

5 Likes

I got Easter April fools scales, I just don’t believe them!!!

4 Likes

I could tell you but then that would infer i know the answer.

Maybe I should have written ‘when I weighed my Mini 2 on the scales I received as a Christmas present from the kids, at Christmas not Easter’

2 Likes

Plus a couple of inches of 3M Dual Lock…

These are Cree Standalones. Each has a bit of Dual Lock and there’s a strip on the battery door on the drone.

2 Likes

I’m hoping to print 2 clips to go on the arms and take 2 Flytron Crees and still be under the 250g.

2 Likes

My Crees are 3.8 each, with the little velcro disc on.

2 Likes

:smile:

1 Like

Excellent. Thanks Joe. I reckon I can print some little clips for the weight of your Dual Lock.

1 Like

Thanks Rich. I must be lucky, mine weighs in at 237.2 with props. That’s quite a difference from 242. Actually, I’ve just noticed it is 242 with the gimbal cover on.

1 Like

Oh good spot!! :+1:t2:

2 Likes

There we go. I’ve just made some clips for the Flytron Crees. Weighs in at 247.2g. Haven’t tested to see if the clips affect stability yet because it’s started to rain, of course.
I’m going to make some downward facing ones too but these rearward ones are specially for the fish farmers so they don’t see me coming!

10 Likes

They look great! Printed?

Yep, I don’t know how much disturbance they’ll cause to the airflow. I’ll test when it stops raining.

1 Like

5 Likes

Good job sir. Can you print strobe mounts for the Air 2 as well as the Mini 2? If so I’m in the market for both. I’ve looked at buying them from the states but they’re prohibitively expensive now.

1 Like

Hi Maurice,
I would be happy to print some for the Mavic Air 2 as well. The only thing is, I don’t know about product liability implications if I was to sell them. I wonder if there’s anyone around here that knows about that sort of thing.
For instance, if someone crashed their drone into a tree or a lake, could they claim that the clips and lights unbalanced it and caused the crash? I wonder what dji say about it. Would a disclaimer in the instructions cover it? I don’t know. I’m super careful these days.

1 Like