After reading other posts I have ordered some Strobon Cree lights

After reading other posts and people advice and opinions, I have just ordered 1x white and 1x red flytron cree strobes. I am hoping these will help ease the daylight use and keeping tabs on location against the background. Just working on a different clip, so I can position them under the rotors as opposed to being on the arms. Just need them to turn up to get fixing dims…

I also found this video with a 15% discount :slight_smile:
(GAVINHR)

2 Likes

Hi @Jonnydee , welcome to GADC.

You may have seen that Grey Arrows members also get a 15% discount at Flytron. You’ll find the details in the Members Only area. You’ll eventually (fairly quickly) get full member status simply by participating in the forum.

4 Likes

I had noted that a user with ‘full member’ status can access some discounts, but was not sure of the amount. Thank you for letting me know the figure.

Hi Jonnydee, thanks for sharing your experience of these very impressive strobe lights. I have yet to attempt a night flight with my Mavic Air 2 and will certainly invest in these lights before I venture out at night. btw do you have any more tips for night time flying. ? kind regards James Clark

2 Likes

Hi James, I have not tried them myself yet. The above is just a video I found whilst looking into how to improve visibility. I would say though, from my limited experience, being able to easily see and tell orientation in either day or night would be a big plus. I have found orientation harder to determine at night, and plan to use the strobes to assist with that.

1 Like

Just remember the first rule of “flytron cree strobes club”…
DON’T look directly at them when you power them up if you value your retinas! :sunglasses:
I have a red cree on my MP and will get a green for night use when I fly regularly again. My white one is at the bottom of the sea with my first MP. :cry:

2 Likes

Thanks for the tip!! sounds like they may achieve the end goal!

Hi @Jonnydee, I’d be interested in knowing how your new clip design fairs and whether you’d be willing the share your stl file. I printed mine off Thingiverse but would like to try a different design.

Still working on it, need to reduce weight a little and need strobes, to allow for correct fixing. What clips are you currently using and what are the pro’s and cons? Thank you

Hi pal,
This was the one i printed (x2) and i mounted them on the rear legs one facing forward and one facing backwards. The only downside so far is that they have to be taken off in order to fold the legs away.

Hope that helps

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4768889

Paul

| Jonnydee
4 January |

• | - |

Still working on it, need to reduce weight a little and need strobes, to allow for correct fixing. What clips are you currently using and what are the pro’s and cons? Thank you

If I ever get the design right, these will still need to be taken off…
Strobes arrived :slight_smile:
they are brighter than I expected :smile:

Hi. What is the weight of strobes? Trying to keep the weight of my Mavic Mini 2 under the magic 250g.

@D0c.Col answers found here: My Mini 2 with two Strobon Crees weighs...?

Great thanks.

The strobes weigh 4 grams each, with the standards clips I could find online, as I did not fancy the hook and loop sticker solution, took it over 250g. I ended up designing and printing my own and managed to get it to 249 grams :slight_smile:

I also wanted them pointing down, the ones I got online pointed rearwards at an angle and was easily obscured. The ones that pointed down fitted on the under belly and often was in the way of the power button or fouled the landing.

1 Like

I did try and get one to fully fit under the props but have not yet managed to come up with a workable/printable design that is strong/robust enough.

Nice!

Got an STL you can share?

1 Like

Hi
Thanks. They look workable well done.

I’ve had no problems with the 3M loops provided by Flytron, in fact I bought more of it for other uses. It’s the lightest way to fix them and can remain in place if you stick it underside the rear legs - attach a thin strip while it’s folded

Do you print the rear leg underslung version for sale? If so how much?