Air2S Wide Angle Pano distortion when stitching? Help!

Something weird going on here… when stitching the .dng files in Lightroom from a wide angle Pano shoot (3x3 = 9 shots), they end up looking quite fisheyed with a strongly curved horizon. BUT - the throwaway .jpg file the drone stitches and saves automatically looks fine. So, it’s not a lens thing.

This then leads me to think, is it because the Air2S doesn’t have a proper lens correction profile for Lightroom?

I’ve tried Microsoft ICE, but it won’t create a large Pano from .dng files - it shrinks it right down unless you use jpg or tiff.

I see someone on the web asked DJI themselves about this, and they just said make sure there’s little to no wind, clean the lens and use a good quality memory card and other completely useless responses :face_with_diagonal_mouth:

Interestingly, the 21 shot Pano doesn’t distort noticeably, but it’s a lot of files to deal with…

So - does anyone have a workflow for .dng that produces near enough geometrically correct ‘Wide angle’ 3x3 9 shot Panos from the Air2S?

My Mini2 wide angle panos stitch fine and don’t distort :thinking:

Cheers - Rob.

Well it looks like everyone is happy with completely distorted Air 2S wide angle pano’s!

I might use my Mini2 more, which doesn’t suffer this annoying shortcoming.

Cheers - Rob.

Have you tried AGP

Links in this thread

Can you elaborate any on AGP? I’m getting Aerospace Growth Partnership, Aerosol Generating Procedures, Accelerated Graphics Port… and more!

Does it have a full name?

Cheers - Rob.

Auto Giga Pano

It’s all in the thread

1 Like

Thanks! I know what I’ll be doing tonight then!

Cheers - Rob

APG my bad :frowning:

I haven’t had any problems stitching in lightroom. I usually use 5 shot AEB and 3 shot wide panos, so 15 shots altogether. Saying that I haven’t used the Air2S since I got the mini 3!

That sounds like you aligned your own shots for the pano, not the Air2S Fly app automatic one.

The automatic version warps the images somehow inside the raw file, so they don’t stitch for a proper horizon.

It seems the only reliable method so far is, as you have done, to move the drone and manually take the shots yourself.

Cheers - Rob.