Airspace and local councils?

1 Like

We did not find a single policy that was accurate, up to date or enforceable.

Other than that, the article is basically just Agilio promoting themselves as a drone policy consultant. Given current local government finances, I’d hope most councils have better things to spend their money on.

1 Like

Agree. Tyring to make something out of nothing…
It’s the job of the police to to make sure the drone regulations are enforced not some bunch of bureaucrats who don’t know what they are talking about. As for charging to fly which I believe some councils are trying to to do that’s just ridiculous.

1 Like

Ridiculous, yes. But the current climate, where half-truths, untruths and downright lies seem to be common currency I can see many councils finding pay to fly as lucrative as pay to park if they can pass a by-law without too many public objections. Given the media hysteria over drones it should be easy to get such schemes passed.

I think the local councils will ride rough shod over the little guy’. The councils can smell the scent of money in the air (space) by charging the likes of Amazon for drone deliveries. Ive said it before, the councils should be emptying bins, cleaning streets and maintaining the pathways, but over the years we have seen such a huge “mission creep” by bureaucrats in power,to the extent that they are invasive to our everyday lives. (And wallets).