All the bridges over the forth Scotland

10 Likes

Great Video, the rail bridge is not as red as it used to be,

1 Like

i think it now only gets painted 1st every 10 yrs now with that new paint

I’ve been over that stretch of water on the old car ferry, the rail bridge and the old Forth Bridge. Might go over the new one this year when I return to my homeland :wink::wink:

You can only drive over the new bridge, only bus and bikes on the old road bridge

Didn’t know that John, I remember my first time on the ferry, greetin ma een oot because my dad told me that a lorry was getting on and the ferry would sink with the weight. :rofl::rofl: Also remember my dad taking us up to South Queensferry to watch the progress as the first road bridge was built, and taking us across the bridge once it was open. Finally crossed on the rail bridge when I was 18, when me and a school mate came up to Scotland on holiday. He was into railways so we got the train from Waverley to Dundee. Had a few pints o heavy in a pub then returned. ( silly things we did at that age) Great memories. Also watched Cockenzie Power Station being built and the auld Links Pit being demolished in Prestonpans :wink::wink:

1 Like

Good old days jock

Brilliant video, great angle to see them all in one shot.

1 Like

Just as a heads up this was video 4 days ago before the nfz came in as one of the carriers sailed in today.

1 Like