Altitude Angel changed pre-flight report to Commercial: why?

I’m planning a photo shoot on Wednesday with a friend who has a WWII Jeep on the old perimeter track of a former airfield (now corn fields) near us in Essex. Arranged it with the helpful farmer who owns the land now. I filed a pre-flight report through Dronescene.

Then got a weird email from Altitude Angel saying “Your area of operation is outside the airspace currently served by Guardian” and, when I clicked through to the report, it had “Declared flight type: Commercial” which of course is untrue.

Any idea what this is all about…?

That’s a new one on me Gary @Avianskipdiver !

How quickly after placing the flight report did you receive the email? I’m wondering if it was automated or eyeballed by a human.

Can you tell/show us exactly where it was?

Have you tried deleting the flight report and resubmitting? In case it’s an automated detection gone wrong?

3 Likes

And out of interest, does it still show up on the map as being an airfield? Any restrictions over it?

2 Likes

Just checked one I did yesterday and this has come out the same.

1 Like

Common theme (not limited to dronescene either):

1 Like

I’ve reported this bug to Altitude Angel.

2 Likes

Hi, I’ve been out all day so just catching up. Ahah: well, I’m glad I noticed it! Strange bug.

I’m wondering why it notified me however that “Your area of operation is outside the airspace currently served by Guardian”. It’s just a field north of Colchester. (The airfield, by the way, was a short-lived wartime one and closed in 1947).

1 Like

All part of the same bug I’d imagine.

I’ll let you know if I can find any details :+1:t2:

2 Likes

@Avianskipdiver you’ll be pleased to hear that Altitude Angel have now fixed their bug.

2 Likes

Great news… did they say what the issue was?